Install progress

B

Ben

Well as many of you know, i bought my install which consisited of:

Mac Audio 4 channel amp £200
Sony HU £200
PG 12" Sub - £90
DLS comps - £155

I then installed it back in November but since i had no experience i cocked it up and blew the REM output on my HU so into the repair shop with that and £60 later i had it back. I then somehow managed to do something to the amp which caused it not to work properly and couldnt find anyone who could fix it. Finally got it fixed last month and so been getting the install back in slowly but safely. This time i managed to have it up and running for a few weeks so i think i sorted the problem. Only thing left to do is wire the lighting in - carpet the entire boot - sort the boot lid itself out coz it vibrates at times - and put some mirror board on the underside of the lettering (Binnet is my nickname in case your wondering). I have to thank Pete though coz he has been a great help to me. Anyways, only got the one pic but will be getting more once its carpeted and mirrored etc. Im also thinking that in the future i might get another but smaller amp from the same series and run it from the current amp either to run a set of 6X9's or another sub but im still unsure. Thats ahead in the future though.

Ben

http://www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload/files/23-PICT0335.jpg

hope ur sub dont move much or it might squish the amp during a corner :) what u going to do to reduce the vibrating boot lid my boot lid does the same was thinking of some of the foamy sticky stuff on the edges but most of it is double sided so aint too keen on it...should b nice when its finished, i like the look on the amp tho :)

the sub box is screwed down to the false floor so doesnt move at all lol. I dont know, i was hoping someone would know. Should be picking my smooth boot up off Wayne in the next few weeks so will be doing whatever needs doing to that one but i was thinking some sort of deadening material but i still unsure

Sound deadening might be an idea, I'd go with Dynamat Extreme but there are other options and prices.

Looking good! I've just put mine all back in after removing it all to get to the suspension turrets! I'll be starting a new install in the future anyway, all in FG with a second sub ready for JAE. No time atm due to uni tho :(

Right, boot lid....

Dynamat Extreme is best, but pricey!

Flashing Tape (used to sealed roofing) can also be used, but more layers will be required.

Loft insulation can also be used, and also expanding foam (but be very careful with this! )

Back