fibreglass install

fox1983

Deactivated Account
ok ive decided i dont like my install so im going to make it full fibreglass with a sub either side of the boot and a build out of fibreglass in the middle with the 2 amps in if anyone has any pointers about the fibreglass ect pls let me know im also building a pod for my screen to go on the dash out of fibreglass

what sort of fabric is best for the install i know fleese is best for adding the resin to but is box carpet ok or can u recomend another fabric

fleece! go to the lil sewing shop in waterlooville, 4.99 a meter, and im using two metres worth to cover the whole install including where the back seats were! im fibreglassin mine 2moz, started al the build today and tacked the fleece, 100% polyester, so you want some hints bud ill give ya a hand! not a prob! lookin prob 25 quid of fibreglass resin from where i get it for should cover your whole boot no probs, so wood, plus 10quid fleece, 25 quid resin, id say 50 would be total cost!

well i may have to take u up on ur help and get u to get me some more fibreglass stuff wood no problem where abouts is the little sowing shop i dont know waterlooville to well

or go to your local boyes they noramlly have discount fabrics just randomly off cutted from mahoosive rolls cheap as much. but idea at the same timei got around 4 meters of black fleece which i did loads of the install the roof lining and loads more with. very handy indeed

yeh, by the big cannon down by iceland! its easy to see! ive used 2 metres and thats the whole back done matey! its pretty good! its 100% aswell which is good, and ill get the resin cheap! lol! when you guna be out, you can see the start of mine dude?>

well i started to mask out the boot today then im going to do the bottom of the boxes im looking at a box either side of the boot then 2 fibreglass amp boxes in the middle

well im a bit further in the first layer of fibreglass is almost all done and i have now got the fleece cost me 6.99 for enough to do both boxes

well i will post up some pictures in a moment of what i have done so far went to local fibreglass company yesterday and got enough resin nd matting to do the whole lot so cracked on today to get more done and am on track for jae

well here they are first is the bottom layer of the box all done then the second is the speaker ring and surports for them all read to be glued on which im doing now then the fabric needs to be stretched over it and soaked in resin

just thought id post an update picture here is the first box this is it covered with the fleece next thing is to soak it in resin im actually very pleased with how this is going so far and is looking really good

well after my last post i went out and coated it all in resin so fingers crossed it will go hard and i can put a few layers of matting on it so now im well on track for finishing it

i used 100% polyester fleece and i used a normal hot glue gun

also the first box has been finished and is in just got to do a trimming on it so that the sub fits in im already masking out for the second box and marking out the wood ready for the amp box will post up pics of the box fitted in the boot on wednesday

Ah so your covering it in material :) What material btw?

I'm either going with material if I cant get the FG smooth enough, or will spray paint it if I can get a mirror finish!

na when i mean trimming i mean cut the fibreglass a bit so the sub will fit in im looking at painting it red with a silver glitter effect if i can get it anyway heres the pic of the first one fitted

Looks good!

I've been chatting to a friend today, whose quite experianced with car audio and different setups. He's now persuaded to change my mind on a number of things - doh!

Instead of 2 sealed 10's, I'm sticking with the single ported 10 but with the box and rest of install fibreglassed. Hopefully it'll turn out well :)

all is going well i have finished the first box and am on the way to finishing the second and i have made the base of the amp install ready for fibreglassin that

have to meet up again soon paul!

the amps are in mine, and so are the subs! looks amazing! being trimmed in white cloth with black piping as soon as money allows! but keeping the fibreglass shape! lol!

be nice to hear what yours is like too fella!

well things are going slow on the ice front at the mo will have it all made by jae and the amp section is now being changed as i didnt like the look of it

just a quick up date as i dont get on here much the boxes are made and in not sanded down yet and the amps are on the base board and are going to be boxed in to cover later on today then it will be all smoothed in i will not be posting any more pics up so if anyone wants to see it they will have to come to jae

heard and saw this at the last cruise, looking real good chap! jst the sanding to do now! i hated that bit too! ol

Well I've been working on my speaker builds for the last few days, I'm still high on resin atm too ;)

I hope to get it all finished and trimmed by JAE, but the boot wont have a fibreglass install, just a basic but practical one :)

pete, you would have loved my micra then! i spent 8 hours fibreglassing the install into the car, 35 litres of fibreglass resin on the rear alone, and smoothing it into the cars body work, then drove for 9 hours in it for work, with windows i couldnt put down cos of tints, and no sun roof! man i was high as a kite!

Back