inserting drive shaft into gearbox

i done my cv boot on the passenger side of my micra. I removed the drive shaft to make it a little bit handier to do. i have a problem trying to insert the shaft into the box. how do i align the circlip so it slots in. thanks

hopefully the planet gear has,nt slipped down inside :eek:
you might need to reshape the circlip so that it does,nt snag eh

but if its only a boot hes done meaning only 1 shaft out of place eh! and i just realised my donor gear box was never braced!

If the circlip is bent then just reshape it. And when i insert the driveshaft i make sure the gap on the circlip is at the bottom as its easier to slip in

If the circlip is bent then just reshape it. And when i insert the driveshaft i make sure the gap on the circlip is at the bottom as its easier to slip in

thanks for the help. my circlip is bent so i took it off and the shaft slid into postion perfect.
do i need to close the circlip as i install it.

thanks for the help. my circlip is bent so i took it off and the shaft slid into postion perfect.
do i need to close the circlip as i install it.

you can usually squeeze it smaller and slip it back on, or else use some grease to hold it central eh

my circlip is wrecked. can i buy a new one or do i need to buy the whole kit.
and do i squeeze it smaller and then put it shaft or squeeze it when its on the shaft with a
circlip pliers.

Back