info on tyres..

im in need of a new set soon, and im just wondering what you guys recommend for the best all rounders, i want decend grip but harder compound so longer lasting as i dont want to fork out for tyres all the time :)

thanks

probably best get your geometry sorted first. just because somewhere has "done" it dont mean its correct :D been to plenty of places and had tracking done and drove away with the wheel center but the wheels still bonked.

You on 13s? After cheapo but "good" tyres or looking for spend a bit more per corner?

Anything is an upgrade from 155/70/13 tyres.

I found 165/65/13 had much better grip for a budget tyre. 165/55/13 probably the best cost/performance tyre.

I know SirChris has 185/60/13 which are chunky but lots of grip! Not too expensive either iirc ;)

You on 13s? After cheapo but "good" tyres or looking for spend a bit more per corner?

Anything is an upgrade from 155/70/13 tyres.

I found 165/65/13 had much better grip for a budget tyre. 165/55/13 probably the best cost/performance tyre.

I know SirChris has 185/60/13 which are chunky but lots of grip! Not too expensive either iirc ;)
185/60/13

The way forward!

I'll just leave this here

1343406289706.jpg

i don't want to much of a chunky look, i just want a bit better grip without spending alot haha

and hoopdub im going to have a look at my geometry later on when i get on a nice flat bit of road :p dose anyone have pics of different size tyres on 13's i can have a look at?

i want to up grade to somthing a tiny bit wider but just finding the right set ineh!

cheers :)

With some garages they are too interested in getting the car "done" and gone to keep the cash flowing when they could do something a little different and give a better service ie when we do the tracking set it up adjust roll the car back move the steering then put it back where it was all straight and check again we find it can be but the first time some places wouldn't because it's a bit more of a faf

Back