Tyres..

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Hi Guys,

Im going to get some new tyres, i was going to get all 4 done, currently they are 165/60R14/ 75H.

Is there anyway that the garage would be able to fit 175/60R14 75H's on mine?

I want to get the slightly lower profile to but that would rule out using my spare so just wider would be fine.

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for that, will I see any gains making them slightly larger? I currently have abit of a grip issue which im hoping new decent rubber and slightly wider tyres will help slightly..

I think it's combination of wider tyres and lower profile. A lower profile tyre is less inclined to flex keeping the tyre flat and tread on the ground.

The wider foot print will help with grip but I doubt you'd notice anything substantial, on my first micra I had 185/6?? R14 on a 6" wide wheel, gave me more confidence in higher speed cornering

Were they the standard wheels or were they custom? im hoping to keep the standard Steelies, I would go for 185's but they wouldent fit on mine would they? I have decided just to go for wider rather than going to lower profile too as this would rule out my spare wheel which I want to keep..

Back