Info on K11 Micras ? looking to buy

Hi I am after a 1.3 K11 Micra.
Just need some info, I test drove one and the clutch was quite stiff and the ride quite bouncy, wallowy.

Is this normal ? I also have a 2013 Suzuki Alto and the Alto seems to ride a lot better than the Micra.

many thanks.

Bouncy and wallowy.....yes. Stiff clutch .......no, something wrong there, mine went like that due to dirty splines apparently, changed it and back to a light clutch pedal.
An alto is a much stiffer set up ....both good motors though.

K11's, especially prefacelifts, are getting a bit old now and they're not always well looked after. Shocks are 'lifed' items and wear out, the ones on the car you drove are most likely the original ones from the factory and due replacing. The car should lean a fair bit in corners but feel fairly firm and supple. Stiff clutch usually means the cable is a bit tired too, either replacing or a bit of silicone spray down the tubing will free it up massively :)

excessive grease on the release bearing collar can collect alot of dirt and thicken over time which makes it harder to slide and wears out the cable & pedal until it breaks.
easiest to try fixing the cable first and then venture into taking the gearbox out to work on the clutch. assess its condition, replace if required then check the release bearing assembly. I now use dry graphite powder rather than wet grease.

PTFE spray is also an option rather than graphite powder, as graphite powder has limited lubrication below about 100Bar from memory...

Are K11 Micras bouncy and wallowy from new ? Do they feel stable on motorways ? I only drove it down a country road up to 60. It felt really unstable compared to my alto, I wasnt sure if thats just how the micras are or it was old suspension. thanks

Are K11 Micras bouncy and wallowy from new ? Do they feel stable on motorways ? I only drove it down a country road up to 60. It felt really unstable compared to my alto, I wasnt sure if thats just how the micras are or it was old suspension. thanks
Hi yes mine was like that felt like a boat on a rough sea:)lower it with uprated springs and shocks turns it in to a gokart:D

Back