Best K11 to buy??

Hi all

I have a few questions that i need a bit of help with and i am sure you lot can point me in the right direction. Really it starts with what K11 to buy? Face lift model, Pre facelift. Does PAS make much of difference to an already light car apart from sapping a few horses? that sort of thing really. I know mostly where to look for the dreaded metal worm so i can keep an eye out for that. It took a bit of soul searching to join up and jump on the micra bandwagon, but hey why not, i have always liked the K11, though its gonna be a bit of a hit in the performance stakes for me to start, having owned a 410bhp Sierra Cosworth, 210bhp Renault 11 Turbo and my current drive a 200bhp and 339lb torque Renault Scenic Diesel, you see the pattern here??? Yes i suffer from the boost bug, and already have eyed up prospective parts for a turbo conversion, which i hope to complete for JAE 2011. So its over to you guys really, what should i buy?

A lot of people buy prefacelifts on this site, Super S and SRs are good. PAS I doubt makes much of a difference but both of mine have had it. There was a nice second facelift with turbo etc. attached to it which I think Ed worked on but don't know whose it is. I'd just look for one that looks like it's got the stuff you want on it for a nice price.

Everyone seems to rate the super s, can't really comment as i've not had one, i've got a 1.4 facelift model, lower it a bit and stiffen it up and it's good fun, like you i've had some quick cars, Impreza WRX, Renaultsport Clio 182 and also a Renault 11 turbo running around the 200bhp mark, now that was a great car and i wish i never sold it and rare nowadays, i reckon a turbo'd micra would be great fun though maybe not a daily driver. (Y)
Hi all

I have a few questions that i need a bit of help with and i am sure you lot can point me in the right direction. Really it starts with what K11 to buy? Face lift model, Pre facelift. Does PAS make much of difference to an already light car apart from sapping a few horses? that sort of thing really. I know mostly where to look for the dreaded metal worm so i can keep an eye out for that. It took a bit of soul searching to join up and jump on the micra bandwagon, but hey why not, i have always liked the K11, though its gonna be a bit of a hit in the performance stakes for me to start, having owned a 410bhp Sierra Cosworth, 210bhp Renault 11 Turbo and my current drive a 200bhp and 339lb torque Renault Scenic Diesel, you see the pattern here??? Yes i suffer from the boost bug, and already have eyed up prospective parts for a turbo conversion, which i hope to complete for JAE 2011. So its over to you guys really, what should i buy?

Back