indicator wires?

cardiffboy27

Ex. Club Member
hey there all :D
i have just been installing a new alarm on my 1990 k10!
the only problem i am having at the moment is i cannot find how to wire the indicators up to the alarm!!!

all my instructions say are
find both wires that carry the +12 volt when turning light is on
then connect alarm wires (i have 2) to each side! left light right light
im sure the alarm has a built in relay to power the lights as thats what it says in the booklet
can anyone can help me locating these wires as i have tryed a number of combinations with no joy :(
fingers crossed you guys and gals can help me
Ian :)

IIRC take off the HAZARD switch and the bottom left pin controls both sides, il check now ang on...............

ok on my super s its a green and blue its bottom left when u look at it from behind, so bottom right hand corner when you look from infront of the dash switch 12v to this will run your hazards, (i blew fuses trying to sort the indicators!).
######
also where'd you find the interiour wire to tap into? as thats what i couldn't find! i was told it was behind the passenger seat belt but never had any luck trying to find it there!?

hey there, i will have a look at the indicators in the morning, as for the l
interiour wires all you do is open the door and locate the black switch that turns the inside light on and off, remove the screw that holds the switch on and the connections can be made from there if u run your new wire under the carpet you can get it to pop through the bodywork so its all hidden
hope this helps
Ian :)

where do i attach the alarm wire for the hazards to flash? i tried getting off the hazard switch on the top on the steering wheel. where has everybody else tapped into their hazards? thanks

Back