k10 electrical help!

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
im quite stuck! i have previously posted but i havent had a reply but kind of hoping some one can help me, i have started fitting an alarm but have found a few problems;-
where can i find the indicator lights +12V for all of the indicators? (for the alarm to flash when set off),
and where is the hand brake light cable? and is it easyest to tap in to it at the hand brake or the back of the console?

i took the main black outercasing off the console but im afraid of taking apart the rest of it! incase i break something!

also where is the coil for the tachometer?

do i have an acc2 ignition cable?

and the ignition barrel which cable is start? on? acc1? and +12v?

i know this one is getting abit technical but i realy need help!! :wow:

If you want all the indicator lights to flash then the best thing to use is the hazard light cable. Follow it back from the hazard switch and join into it someplace.

Also, you should be ok to remove the hand brake plastics without damaging anything. The cable runs under the drivers seat and along the edge by the drivers door.

Also, i think the ignition cable on a K10 from the ignition barrel is green - if thats what your tryin to find?

There is NO single wire that flashes all the lights on the K10 (or any K11 either for that matter) you need to use blocking diodes and then join both left and right together.

dont get me wrong ed it does make sense to use diodes to stop my indicators becoming hazards when wiring them both up but i am still dealing with the same circuit, surley if i can work out the hazard switch it would be simpler (less soldering and also save another maplin trip) if i cant sort it il have to use your advise tho so thanks

Back