battery probs

can anyone help me please i have a mk 2 micra and the battery keeps going flat. the alarm warning light has been changed i think to an LED as have the indicator warning lights, could this be the problem, battery goes flat overnight thanks

Radio? You can test it by taking fuses out over night and see if its flat in the morning.
For example if you take radio fuse out and its fine in the morning its the radio that draining it. Obviously only one fuse at the time.
Hope it makes sense. Has it got aftermarket radio?

there is no radio fitted at all,the alarm light is very bright , possibly LED bulb, this seems to be the only thing that has been changed

can check if the battery is duff by fully charging it up after a long drive, unplug from car, check and note the voltage (should be bout 12.7v), wait overnight...next day check the voltage hasn't dropped alot below 12.4v

if it has, the battery isn't holding its charge n needs replacing

Led ´s take much less power from the battery, than normal old style bulbs. So the issue is not definitely in the led´s.

Aftermarket alarm system can drain battery if car is not in use for a long time. But sounds like your battery´s just worn out and you need a new one :)

And the charger may be also broken and draining the battery, when engine not running!

Back