In need of advice

Hello :) I passed my test 2 weeks ago and I was wondering what I could add to my little micra that wouldn't effect my insurance to sport it up a bit? Also where do I find out where the meetings are?

Many thanks :)

Change spark plugs, put some quality oil, upgrade the headlamp bulbs, quality wiper blades and jobe done..

Ohh, If you can put some new non nylon tyres and change pads, disc brakes and brake fluid..

These are more than enough ;)
Have a lot of trouble free miles :)

Bit difficult to do much other than aesthetics really. Trim etc. Alloys and lowering along with exterior striping should really be mentioned to insurance. Unless it came with alloys as standard.

Thank you, I might try lowering it a bit, I'm getting hub caps soon for my birthday and after that I will get parcel shelf with speakers put into my car as my micra didn't come with speakers in the back.

These are the hubcaps I'm getting :D

Attachments

• s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 278
Hi Sarah welcome to the world of fabulous Micra's, the Micra is a great base to add your own individuality and personality to even with a small budget! IMHO I would start with enhancing the look and style which can be done easily but also the most important thing is to make sure the basic functions/systems are sound which include maintaining the brakes, engine, electrics wheels etc, which will make for trouble free motoring and avoidance of costly repair bills! As been mentioned the moment you start modding the suspension or engine you might effect your insurance cover and any mods should be reported to your insurance company.

Good luck with your project and please keep us updated with pics? :)

Andy :D

First of all welcome, and congratulations on passing your test.
I'm sorry to be a wet blanket but ANYTHING you change should be declared to the insurers just for safety, stickers, gear knobs etc... It sucks, and me being 18, something I too know the pain of. choose your mods wisely, and declare them ALL.

Wet electric blankets. Never good!

Love those wheel trims. There was some one on here that recovered the head lining and door trims using comic strip design material from a duvet cover and looked well smart! It's in one of the blogs but can't remember where

With insurance the thing is tell them everything and they've no cop-out in the event of a claim :)

Welcome to the world of Micras too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sarah welcome to the world of fabulous Micra's, the Micra is a great base to add your own individuality and personality to even with a small budget! IMHO I would start with enhancing the look and style which can be done easily but also the most important thing is to make sure the basic functions/systems are sound which include maintaining the brakes, engine, electrics wheels etc, which will make for trouble free motoring and avoidance of costly repair bills! As been mentioned the moment you start modding the suspension or engine you might effect your insurance cover and any mods should be reported to your insurance company.

Good luck with your project and please keep us updated with pics? :)

Andy :D
Thank you and I will keep my insurance company informed of the little changes I make. Thankyou for the welcome and I will definitely keep you posted with pictures :) everyone is being so nice to me :) I really appreciate it!

Wet electric blankets. Never good!

Love those wheel trims. There was some one on here that recovered the head lining and door trims using comic strip design material from a duvet cover and looked well smart! It's in one of the blogs but can't remember where

With insurance the thing is tell them everything and they've no cop-out in the event of a claim :)

Welcome to the world of Micras too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thankyou! :D

First of all welcome, and congratulations on passing your test.
I'm sorry to be a wet blanket but ANYTHING you change should be declared to the insurers just for safety, stickers, gear knobs etc... It sucks, and me being 18, something I too know the pain of. choose your mods wisely, and declare them ALL.
Thankyou! Third time lucky just like my theory. I was so nervous going out on my own but now I love it :) I'd love to take my car to car shows too.

Does anyone know where I can get my bumper sprayed in sittingbourne as its scratched in some places and it ruins the look a bit :(
Why not have a go yourself? If it's just the bumper rub it down, mask the area, primer and top coat. Loads of videos on youtube and then you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself and saving a few quid. Just dont rush it!

My hubcaps as a birthday present from Mum and Dad, I think they look quite nice actually :-D

Attachments

• 1443866029518-524694075.jpg
    1443866029518-524694075.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 14438660847171906504605.jpg
    14438660847171906504605.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 235
New wheel trims look great.

The first modification I would make would be to change the interior bulb to a White LED one. This makes a huge difference for a few pounds from Ebay and less than 2 minutes with a flat screwdriver to fit.

Next would be a bee sting aerial, Again this costs pennys and make it look alot better.

Thanks mate!
You use the original dampers? Isn't that a rubbish combo, lowerd springs and stock dampers?

Standard dampers, works just fine. Mine were branded Kilen from a local motor factors, however I remember other Micra owners putting the Apex ones on and they were the identical springs, mine were black too, so look stock.

Mine rides much better than the originals, there was far too much movement going on with the standard springs it made me feel sick. I think it rides the bumps better too, and the appearance of the car looks like a standard proper ride height.

ETA actually the members springs were Gmax springs https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/anyone-got-or-used-kilen-lowering-springs.33102/

Kilen springs cheaper than I paid 6 years ago http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KILEN-942...springs-KIt-/351236045068?hash=item51c74cb90c

Picture 064.jpg

Last edited:
Back