Need a bit of advice re hit and run

BG101

Ex. Club Member
Some dozy tw** has sideswiped my Micra, presumably whilst pulling out from the double yellow section just behind where my car is parked and they've scraped the left rear side panel (it's a one-way street, I'm parked on the right). The bumper has been dented near the middle and the left side, so it's not as if the driver made just one f***-up. Luckily the cluster doesn't appear to have been damaged. There is red paint scraped along the side. There's a scrape on the tyre as well, so it will presumably have damaged the wheel arch. I've had my K11 less than 2 weeks and I'm bloody furious as you might expect, the bodywork was immaculate when I bought it. It's a 1993 model. From the looks of the damage it was done by a van.

My question is, what's involved in removing/replacing the rear side panel and the chance of getting one for a reasonable cost? It's the gold colour. I will also need a replacement rear bumper as the plastic has been scraped and buckled. I can't afford to have it done at a garage and I don't want to make a claim and get a size 12 from my insurance co when it comes to renewal :mad:

BG

A rear side panel will cost around £100 for a reasonable pattern one, cutting the old one off and welding on a new one then painting will be at least £300.
Depending on how bad it is another option is to pull out the damaged bit a little and then fill and spray, £150-£250 maybe.
Or change the bumper and live with the side damage.

Thanks I'm not sure how bad the dent actually is, since it was hard to tell last night with all the red paint scraped across it. I'll have a proper look now but it will need stripping and spraying at the very least. I don't know if it's possible to pull it out as the actual dent is right next to the light cluster. Some people don't deserve a licence! Will update later :)

BG

Back