Im so tempted

Hmm...would have a look myself if I were you. Not that your gf's old man would be lying but you might pick up on things he missed. Also consider the fact that insurance prices are soon going to be rising by around 40%.

But other than that...go for it!

Is it ####ed for that price? Had a wee look on Auto Trader and it only goes back to 99 on a V for the VTR, and even then its says £1700 private sale.

Just take it a drive and check for any suspect noises etc, chances are it might have been hammered.

from what ive heard from him, its it fairly good condition, mileage is over 100k. hes found me alot of cheap cars....he knows alot of people in the motor trade. he was my teacher at college too plus i dont think he would tell me about a goosed car, after all his daughter will be sat in the passenger seat...

hughes_16v said:
it depends what breaks.

All of it probably :p

Was it not micra_pete said he had a Saxo, very rarely hammered it and it is struggling to get near 100k, yet his Micra, which gets a good booting is still going strong?

I though someone else on here said 60k on there saxo

my dad gets a new citroen van every 3-4 years with the work,
his new van only done about 600miles and the gearbox is knacked allready

His old van failed every m.o.t. it ever had from new on things like suspension and brakes

£400 is cheap, but is it worth the risk?

yes, a chav may buy it off you, but your forgetting that you will look like a chav for having one. Could you really live with that?

Craig_87 said:
yes, a chav may buy it off you, but your forgetting that you will look like a chav for having one. Could you really live with that?

here what a load of nonsense, ur just as bad as the corsa drivers and saxo drivers. how will he look like a chav? most ridiculous thing i have ever heard, go for it hughes n if you dont like it just sell it on. My mate has a saxo with about 120k on it n never had any bother, its all hear say on this place.

You lot all call the corsa drivers and saxo drivers because they call you for driving a micra yet your just stooping to their level? Does this mean that you look like a nana for driving a micra Craig?

Utter verbal diahreah

dave buy it if you got the cash how bad can it be if a able minded mechanic father-in-law type dude has give you the go ahead...

if your willing to take the risk then so am i... take it for a good spin tell the guy " i'll put in £10 and take it for a spin to check how it runs" regardless of who drives you'll quickly find any bugs out...

For £400 i would BITE his hand off if its in good nick, drive it for a bit and if you dont like it you can sell it for a lot more and make profit!Go for it

i went to look at the car and it was in amazing condition, ran so smooth, nothing wrong with it. but someone bought it before i had a chance to say i wanted it :(

i dindnt mean it like that, i cant stand saxos personally, and every saxo i see by me is driven by a chav, simple observation matey.........

Craig_87 said:
i dindnt mean it like that, i cant stand saxos personally, and every saxo i see by me is driven by a chav, simple observation matey.........

nearly every micra i see is driven by a little old lady, also a simple observation - doesnt mean that micra = old lady though does it? see where im coming from if it was this place would be lots of nanas posting

no they are much worse
they are all engineered so that if you need to fix anything....and you do cos they build in faults......then you have to take it back to the manufacturer....

the Canbus system found on all peugeots with a 7 at the end ie 307 407 etc etc...this system used fibre optics instead of cables and consideres each part of the car as a pannel...ie the door is one pannel and the dash another.. but in a way where if you need to change a window switch for instance the you have to re-program the ecu to tell it what that part does....as it need to learn... so all in all the simple £3 swithc will cost about £195 to fit and program..

bloody frech cars..

plus all the frech saloons and people carriers that have been released in the last 6 years have been soo badly designed as cars,,,,,,,

take the peugeot 407 and citroen c5.... look at the front and rear over hangs on the car,,
now i think it was ferrari that said to get the best interior space and handling properties of a car the wheels must be at the far most corners of the vehicle.... thus giving the car a wide and stable stance............ the c5 and 407 have the largest over hangs of any "non bus" type vehicle i have ever seen....
consiquently you have two cars that not only are externaly "HUGE" but the interior space is minimal and the handling is rubbish......

im sure the french designers simply have one brief

"make the ugliest most useless car available today, and sell it to anyone that comes up2 you in a burglary cap.....erm burberry cap...

"rant over"

ok ben you win this round, but let look at another issue. Reliabilty? saxo= french, ie stuck together with spit, micra =japanese, ie incredible,therefore, stick with the best

Has any one seen the Renault Scenic <---spelt wrong? Electrick Hand break....What a stupid idear....who ever thought of that? Flat battery = cant move the car coz u cant let the hand break off so u cant bump start it....Arghhh there gettin worsegrr

Back