need so advice

right got this e-mail regarding a vehicle i have for sale, it sounds dodgy as hell to me and i don't want to get bitten.... what does everyone else think?

this is what was sent, word for word

Thanks for the swift response and do as well advise on the least
amount you will like to give it away as i am buying this for Dad
and due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to
come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours
everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied
with it. As for the payment..i can only pay via the fastest and
secure way to pay online(PayPal) here. I have a private courier agent
that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made
...so no shipping included and With the issue of my details,
transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will
be done by the courier services company agent so you don't have to
worry about that. You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay
in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you
don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one...log on to
www. paypal.com and sign up its very easy... i would have loved to
talk to you on phone but i work mainly offshore, our phone is down
on the rig right now due to bad weather, that was why i sent you a
text, i even wonder how my message deliver to your phone but for now
we can only communicate through the same mailing channel. await your
reply asap.

tbh it sounds ok to me, your not buying anything from him so your not losing anything.
He is also paying for courier and having delt with this type of thing before you can pay courier to sign ect, as we have done some transporting jobs in the past for customers buying a car and it being shipped to different country. The security you have is if he doesnt collect or pay up you keep your car... but makesure you get a deposit that is non refundable and make him aware of this!!

for instance ask for a deposit of £400 if he cant collect in 7 days if the car is above £1000, trust me if he doesnt collect your £400 up!! but he would be daft not to collect after £400 lol Also once you have given you paypal addy, change the password on it a few times, just incase, as you never know and paypal seems to be a target at the moment for being hacked.

That sounds a bit......hmmmmm. He may be legitimate with a very peculiar situation :p but if I were you I just say, I'd rather not sell to you, thank you.

thats why it sounds dodgy to me not only that but it's not kept at mine it's in a friends grandparents garage, the last thing i want is for it to get broken into

Don't bother mate that is a well known money laundering scam if you advertise in open Markets displaying your email address you'll get loads of these, also loads of spam including there are issue with your bank account, paypal account, you have won the Nigerian lottery, and a dead relative in a different country has left you 10 million quid
All bollox scams
Do not respond just Mark as spam let msn sort it

Don't bother mate that is a well known money laundering scam if you advertise in open Markets displaying your email address you'll get loads of these, also loads of spam including there are issue with your bank account, paypal account, you have won the Nigerian lottery, and a dead relative in a different country has left you 10 million quid
All bollox scams
Do not respond just Mark as spam let msn sort it

you've just recalled 99% of my junk box :laugh:

should of used eBay or something that protects you a little at least.
Even a bit of paper in the local shops might be enough.

im guessing it wasnt through ebay you are selling it? Best not to give out the details then especially when its not at your house, like you say when pensioners are involved :( If he cant collect in person and cash on collection then im sure you will find someone else to buy it :D

good luck with it, but maybe try selling it on ebay that way you have some security over it all :D

i doubt i'll get another reply off him now

These people do reply mate I thought that it's probably just automated crap so I sent a response contain gay love, lemons and king sheep and they responded questioning the response I sent and saying they would not want to deal with someone who doesn't take them seriously! But I just sent them a picture of a fat man eating a pie

thats just message spamming though not really a threat as much as it is junk.
like the lottery but by email. :p

ive done this with some one before in my old bug but i said for him to leave a deposit and give the rest of the cash to who ever picks it up wich they did

Back