i need your knowledge!

Hey people,

I've just got my second micra, a little green 1ltr. I wanna give it the wheels it deserves!

but, i am a confused man. cant get an answer from anywhere on what wheels will fit, what measurements etc. i need. i know it's probably all on here but i am a new comer :blush:

Dont want anything crazy or at silly prices, just some nice little alloys :grinning: any suggestions?

loving some of the cars on here btw, i am impressed and inspired! lol

Thanks!

As long as they have a PCD of 4x100, stud diameter of 12mm, centre bore of 59.1mm, no smaller than 13" (otherwise they won't fit over the front calipers), and no bigger than 15"/17" (otherwise your speedo will be out), then pretty much anything. If the centre bore is bigger, you'll need spigot rings to ensure the wheels sit properly over the hub, any smaller and they'll have to be bored out. I think most on here tend to go for 15" with a bit of dish, looks pretty good with a bit of stretch on the tyres as well.

Width comes into it as well. 8Js with no dish should fit perfectly, bit when you start getting a bit of dish, you have consider whether you need your arches rolling/pulling/flaring, or running negative camber (especially if you're going to consider lowering any amount). 7J/7.5J seems to be the norm, with a bit of tyre stretch

Minilites or Superlites are pretty good second hand buys, but might need refurbing. Rotas, BBS, BMW E30 alloys, there's a lot that will fit and look good. SR alloys are quite nice as well, and not too dear.

Just depends on what sort of look you want for your car (Y)

02d9210f-8fb8-a55e.jpg

My e30 rims just need to open up the centre bore with a file

wow... thanks :)

i came to the right place lol
PCD? i've seen 4x100 banded about a lot... what is it about? :S only thing i've been warned about is offset.

Rang my local nissan garage to ask if almera alloys would fit, he simply said "no" lol

love the look of the E30s but at the mo im just after some straight fit alloys that maybe just need cosmetic work... i'm only a rookie! lol

4 x 100 is basically the number of studs and the distance between the studs. Maybe best starting off with some stock SR alloys (Y)

love the look of the E30s but at the mo im just after some straight fit alloys that maybe just need cosmetic work... i'm only a rookie! lol

Older almera alloys do fit the newer n16 Models are 5 stud but the older ones n15 are 4x100pcd so fit and the centre bore is the same so direct fit
The beemer rims basically do just bolt on all you need do is file the centre a couple mill so they go over the Micra centre hub

aaah... i get ya. im learning already and i've only beena member for a few hours!

i dont even know what standard SR alloys are :down: lol, i'll hit google!

i'm fed up of my mates ripping me for driving a micra, so i bought another one cos i love them! now i need to show them the potential that my little K11 has! i should just show them this site lol

Cheers for the quick replies people :)

aaah... i get ya. im learning already and i've only beena member for a few hours!

i dont even know what standard SR alloys are :down: lol, i'll hit google!

i'm fed up of my mates ripping me for driving a micra, so i bought another one cos i love them! now i need to show them the potential that my little K11 has! i should just show them this site lol

Cheers for the quick replies people :)

Lol buy two that'll show them haha like it!
I have an impreza, 200sx, mr2 gts turbo, and I still love my k10, it's so small I can mess about with it and it's cheap for parts! None of my other cars would I dream of painting myself, going at them with an angle grinder and tin snips! But the Micra loves it!!

You need to show them that Micras are MASSIVELY understated. I used to have people at my local cruise ripping me for my Micra - driving around in Corsas, C2s, Pugs, Saxos, the usual chavvy run of the mill Halfords Special rides. And then I beat most of them, in my bright green 1.0l Micra. Now they don't take the #### :laugh:. You should do the same.

And it's like Martin (gtsnissanb) says - Micras are like Lego cars. They're just so easy to work on (Y). And the list of things you can do to them is pretty much endless, as demonstrated by the number of build blogs on here :grinning:

Standard Pulsar GTiR alloys look quite good on a Micra, they are direct fit. Should give them a google too. They are 14" I think. Used to have them on my black Super S!

Pepper

thanks for aaaall the replies... im gonna get on it asap and get my micra rolling correctly (Y)

unfortuantely, on saturday, i have to scrap my first micra, and replace it with my second one :'( not even done 50,000 miles. i am ashamed.
it has however taken me from Chelmsford, Essex (my home town) to london and back everyday, and it has never failed me! but side swiping a crash barrier on the M11 after a night shift doesn't work wonders for your micra :( but i still drove it home from that! lol. they really can go forever!

we learn from our mistakes.

it's better to of loved and lost...

buying wheels is a pain unless you want to pay out for brand new alloys :/ dont wanna buy something then discover they wont fit... i will succeed!

buying wheels is a pain unless you want to pay out for brand new alloys :/ dont wanna buy something then discover they wont fit... i will succeed!

Like we said, as long as they have a PCD of 4 x 100 and a centre bore of 59.1mm, you'll be fine. If you buy brand new, it's normally specified. But buying second hand is okay too, because most of the guys on here will know what size fits and what doesn't

They're alright, but having 16" alloys might throw your speedo out. I don't think there are many people on here (if any) that have gone any bigger than 15"

I had a 1.0LX with 16" wheels, was too big! They rubbed in full lock and with people in the car was too heavy for them so I'd guess you would be the same!

I would recommend that you stay 15" or less for ease of fitting etc.

Pepper

You would end up with horrible alloys that are too big for your car, and your Micra would look like a monster truck :laugh:

Standard Pulsar GTiR alloys look quite good on a Micra, they are direct fit. Should give them a google too. They are 14" I think. Used to have them on my black Super S!

Pepper

Just picked some up on Ebay :D im thinking black powder coating, or grey maybe... cheers people!

Back