I need help: how to remove the windshield wiper arms? (for water leaking investigation)

Hello,
I found some water under the front passenger carpet. So, inspired by a british video on youtube, I would like to check under the scuttle panel.
But the wiper arms don't move.
I've tried all the suggestion I found on this forum, but they continue to stay firmly on the pins.
I've also tried with an extractor but anything happened.
Since they are both blocked, is it possible I'm using a wrong tecnique?

Here a couple of pictures:

20231118_104920.jpg
20231119_140309.jpg

Many thanks in advance (even here it's starting the rain season....).
F

Last edited:
Hello,
I found some water under the front passenger carpet. So, inspired by a british video on youtube, I would like to check under the scuttle panel.
But the wiper arms don't move.
I've tried all the suggestion I found on this forum, but they continue to stay firmly on the pins.
I've also tried with an extractor but anything happened.
Since they are both blocked, is it possible I'm using a wrong tecnique?

Here a couple of pictures:

View attachment 87452 View attachment 87453

Many thanks in advance (even here it's starting the rain season....).
F

Maybe if you expand on what you have meaningfully & forcefully tried thus far then on reflection perhaps we may make additional useful suggestions? ;)

Maybe if you expand on what you have meaningfully & forcefully tried thus far then on reflection perhaps we may make additional useful suggestions? ;)

Hello and many thanks for the answer.
I have to remove the wiper arms; I removed the plastic caps on each base, then the 14mm bolt from each pin and I gave a generous dose of a famous penetratring and unblocking oil.
I tried to pull out the wiper arms by bare hands with no results. Then I tried to pull out arms with the extractor, as in the pictures before, but the arms are still on pins, perfectly stucked there.
Is there another procedure? Something I made wrong?
Thanks again.

Sometimes loghorroic friends help.
I had just finished tightening strongly the extractor onto the pin and arm, when a talkative friend started to talk me about everything on the earth surface.
After a quarter of hour chatting, we suddenly had to jump away because it seemed that my car was hitted by a motorbike: the extractor did its own and with a loud bang pulled away (by itself) the arm from the pin.
Nice.
So I could remove the scuttle panel. Given the water inside the car, I was waiting for something like that:

CSTV2.jpg
CSTV4.jpg

But, luckly, my situation seems to be better:

20231124_162435FL.jpg

20231124_162427FL.jpg

And now a question: where the water passes up to drip to the passenger's carpet?
Associated question: where the Nissan engineers designed the drain(s) of rain water?

May be somewhere around here?

20231124_162501.jpg

Cheers and many thank in advance.

Last edited:
Hello,
instead of asking questions, I scouted around the car's drains.
I've removed, as best I could, all the dirt from the holes down the windshield but the "mining" didn't seem to be finished...
So I partially removed the LH fender and... Surprise... More or less a couple of Kilograms of everything. The smell suggested the Sherwood Forest in the rain, with an inviting mushrooms scient.

Here's the "mushrooms basket" chasing:

20231126_104248.jpg
20231126_113239.jpg

20231126_113245.jpg

20231126_113608.jpg
20231126_113550.jpg

Looking at the last photo, I could have sanded and repainted the bottom of the fender... I suppose it could be done later, just removing only the two screws at the bottom end of the fender.

Next weekend (probably) the RH side.

Let's enjoy the incoming Monday...

Bye

Water is still in. And, surprisingly, continues also from the back.

Rain water can run down inside the A,B & C pillars from the roof gutter joints & from the windscreen seals against the A pillar.
Roof gutter joints are hidden under the two plastic full length roof trims where corrosion holes plus weld seam sealants dry out & can decay into micro cracks, with age, that let in rainwater.
Pull up the roof length gutter trims & inspect carefully the weld joints/sealant joints. ;)

So I did...

(sorry for the blurriness, I don't know the forum's policy on advertising).

20231015_103655.jpg
20231015_103705.jpg

20231015_103717.jpg
20231015_104216.jpg

...But...
Surprise!!!!

20231024_170852.jpg

I also have sealed the tailgate hinges and the and the rubber seals of the cable passage.

Where the hell does the water come from near the back seat belt mount?

Attachments

• 20231015_103717.jpg
    20231015_103717.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hello everyone and best wishes for the new year.
More or less one month ago, I continued the chase for water leaking inside the car.
Thanks to Micra Paul's post, despite I've previously restored the roof gutter joints, I checked them again, and... surprise!!

This sub-millimetric gap allowed water access through the RH C pillar, close to the rear seat belt:

20231213_135402.jpg

I've sealed this gap and after days of rain, finally, no water on C pillar.

The problem on the front was still there and it started to be embarassing: liters of water at every shower.

So I did the the only things left: I've clean both the outer and inner RH drainage, as done on the left side:

20231219_074253.jpg
20231219_104508.jpg

After that, I bead of sealing paste on the seats of scuttle panel's pin and glass holder pin:

20231219_104921.jpg

Bottle tests:
20231219_110132.jpg
20231219_110146.jpg

But the "trial by fire" arrived this morning, after 48 uninterrupted hours of heavy rain:

20240106_120802.jpg

Finally just dust...!

Bye

Hello everyone and best wishes for the new year.
More or less one month ago, I continued the chase for water leaking inside the car.
Thanks to Micra Paul's post, despite I've previously restored the roof gutter joints, I checked them again, and... surprise!!

This sub-millimetric gap allowed water access through the RH C pillar, close to the rear seat belt:

View attachment 87632

I've sealed this gap and after days of rain, finally, no water on C pillar.

The problem on the front was still there and it started to be embarassing: liters of water at every shower.

So I did the the only things left: I've clean both the outer and inner RH drainage, as done on the left side:

View attachment 87634 View attachment 87633

After that, I bead of sealing paste on the seats of scuttle panel's pin and glass holder pin:

View attachment 87636

Bottle tests:
View attachment 87637 View attachment 87638

But the "trial by fire" arrived this morning, after 48 uninterrupted hours of heavy rain:

View attachment 87639

Finally just dust...!

Bye

Excellent DIY work & full marks for perseverance chasing down all the sources of leaks! Well done. :)

Back