I need help making this decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys,

As most know i have had a couple of engine problems on the k10

And have posted up about breaking parts from it, i havent yet sold anything from it...but close to

Payday is coming up for me and i think ill be ok without a car for a bit

So in theory i could fix it, but it will need a whole engine rebuild i think + new values etc...

What do you reckon? i might possibly sell the carbs to Daveeee, but i guess thats the best thing about the car gone...:(

What do i do?

Curtis

fix it, definately, this is by far the best k10 on the forum, imo. you need locking up if you sell 1 single part of it.

either fix it, or sell it to someone who is prepared to fix it. like me :grinning:

p.s. answer your pm's

yea curtis i agree with them, i want bits off it obv but at the same time i think yer edited mad to break such a good k10 u dont get many like that around plus from wot u make off it u still wouldnt have enough to make another k10 as good as that one... p.s has my manifold been sent yet lol

curtis

get a k11 :cool:
(advice from someone who,s owned 3 of each :) )

I'm kinda with frank here, going to the k11 was awesome from the K10 but... i love your car! If you really want to move on i would sell yours to someone who wants to continue the legacy!

I'm kinda with frank here, going to the k11 was awesome from the K10 but... i love your car! If you really want to move on i would sell yours to someone who wants to continue the legacy!

K11 hey....Never lol :D im a k10 person and always will be :p

No one on here would buy the car as it would cost them too much, considering i bought it for £900 then spent a lot getting through the MOT then buying the engine, getting the centre box taken out, central locking, tints, weber tune...

Ill be making a great loss...

Yeah but you always do with cars. You will never get back what you put into it

If you get a K11, you'll just be like everyone else!

Either stick with your car, or just get another.

With the beast you're in, at least you're guaranteed to be different! :D

With the beast you're in, at least you're guaranteed to be different! :D

Ill never get a k11, k10s made the micra name :p

And yes thats the main reason why i love it so much, but also the fact that it keeps up with gti 6's etc :p

Just been in contact with a company which is based in Evesham, Where i live :D that rebuilds engines to a very high standard called the engine centre

Just getting a quote now :) hope its good...

this will no doubt be the decider on whether i get rid or not...:confused:

Its not going to be as cheap as a normal rebuild as ill be getting quoted for new values, pistons, rings, headgasket etc etc...:S

the main reason i sold the car in the first place was that i knew'd id be replacing the engine/gearbox and clutch on a regular basis and as it was i lost a HUGE amount of money selling it....

if you intended on keeping MA engines and gearboxs in the car it will require regular reapairs. i never intended to use it as an everyday car and tbh i dont think it should be due to the amount of preventative maintainace it will need running the power it does.

if you intend to keep it the only way to stop forking out is to fit a bigger engine and a better gearbox. it comes down to money at the end of the day i wanted to have money for other things so i sold it.

keep it and you'll always be broke IMO. i dont even want to think about how much cash i poured into that car. was it worth it? F****** hell yeah! would i do it again? definatly! should you keep it? that depends on you and its a decision YOU should make, dont let anyone make it for you ;)

the main reason i sold the car in the first place was that i knew'd id be replacing the engine/gearbox and clutch on a regular basis and as it was i lost a HUGE amount of money selling it....

if you intended on keeping MA engines and gearboxs in the car it will require regular reapairs. i never intended to use it as an everyday car and tbh i dont think it should be due to the amount of preventative maintainace it will need running the power it does.

if you intend to keep it the only way to stop forking out is to fit a bigger engine and a better gearbox. it comes down to money at the end of the day i wanted to have money for other things so i sold it.

keep it and you'll always be broke IMO. i dont even want to think about how much cash i poured into that car. was it worth it? F****** hell yeah! would i do it again? definatly! should you keep it? that depends on you and its a decision YOU should make, dont let anyone make it for you ;)

I understand about what you mean money wise, even though its off the road im still watching some alloys on ebay for it :S lol

I might get another car as a daliy runner and give this car the rest it needs :)

But as said above, depends on a rebuild price

Can Ed / fusion do something for you?

They are a bit far away from me really...but i guess i could take the engine up there

Fit another bog standard MA10/12 into yours and send the other engine off. At least then you still have the car whilst the work is in progress

Fit another bog standard MA10/12 into yours and send the other engine off. At least then you still have the car whilst the work is in progress

Yeh could do that, ill pm Ed and see what he says but if the engine centre place offer it cheap ill probably go with them as they are on my door step and i can check up on progress, and i am in no way doubting Ed's skills as i know he would do an amazing job on the engine...

I would be tempted to sell the twin webbers / manifold & use the money to put in a cg13 with a k10 gearbox / clutch. That will give you a sound economical 75bhp and much cheaper options for the future. The basics are, buy a cg13 + ecu & ecu loom, drop in the cg13, do up all the mounts but the driverside. Mark where the new mount needs to be, get it welded. Then hook up the engine and look about for a fuel pump. All thats left is a little wiring. I'm sure you could do that in a day if you were organised / know a welder etc... Gotta be the best route for a k10 no?

I would be tempted to sell the twin webbers / manifold & use the money to put in a cg13 with a k10 gearbox / clutch. That will give you a sound economical 75bhp and much cheaper options for the future. The basics are, buy a cg13 + ecu & ecu loom, drop in the cg13, do up all the mounts but the driverside. Mark where the new mount needs to be, get it welded. Then hook up the engine and look about for a fuel pump. All thats left is a little wiring. I'm sure you could do that in a day if you were organised / know a welder etc... Gotta be the best route for a k10 no?

Im gonna have to disagree, I think the MA engine are amazing as will always use them, if i was going to put a bigger engine in i would go for a 1.6 almera engine or SR20...

1.3 K11 is a good option if you were to go down that route, but like most conversions on here, you run the risk of never getting your car back on the road ever again! Lots of people take unsafe shortcuts too and bodge where the money is needed. I think you should stick with the MA and uprate the bits that need doing.

1.3 K11 is a good option if you were to go down that route, but like most conversions on here, you run the risk of never getting your car back on the road ever again! Lots of people take unsafe shortcuts too and bodge where the money is needed. I think you should stick with the MA and uprate the bits that need doing.

Yeh forged values and everything else in the engine lol then turbo it :D

oh and a rev limiter :p

its not really bigger, what 20cc or something? more the injection and electronic ignition.

Just spoke to Dave Walker (the builder of these type engines) £500 rebuilt, parts included...also if its just the values its included in the price ;)

I think thats pretty good myself, just got to get it to him lol

I am going to keep it :) but will possibly be selling the webers to daveeee in a swap for his bike carbs, as i need the money to rebuild the engine

Have some new alloys lined up for it, white 15" ones, just gotta win them lol

Also when i was speaking to Dave walker, he was saying that he never put a performance cam into the engine, so in thoery, this engine isnt cammed, but how fast it is, im not sure, i think it has been, but might be worth finding out lol

yea i got that one off ebay and i got another one from a figaro, im using the figaro one as its in better nick ( looks newer :D )

lol bout time ;) just bought new head lights and side lights today too just need new wipers bulbs and a rear wiper motor for mot lol ( off topic )

I am going to keep it :) but will possibly be selling the webers to daveeee in a swap for his bike carbs, as i need the money to rebuild the engine
l

i really wouldnt do that if i were you! no offense to daveeee or you but you'd be an idiot to do that!

the bike carbs are still chuffing rare to come by, when you consider that few people on here actualy have the initiative to have a manifold fabricated. imo the bike carbs are better value for money.

Talking about that i was talking to a guy today and he said if i buy the carbs (cbr 600) and get my step dad to make me an inlet flange he would sort out the pipes and do the welding then all i would need is the jets, worked it out to cost around £50.00 for carb Free Flange, and the guy would weld it for £25.00, and jets are pretty cheap :) but not everyone has easy access to this i suppose :S

they carbs are rare as hell are they not??

not at all they are cbr 600 carbs common and muck, and the inlet manifold was custom made by bogg borthers for about £130. the only thing that makes them rare was that only one set were made (so far) bogg bro's have all the details to make more.

the twin webers ARE rare only 10 sets were EVER made and this is (as far as i know) the only set in the UK.

i know what im talking about i orginally owned both the bike carbs and the webers and have driven and tested both. the webers are far supurior in every sense!

the bike carbs are still chuffing rare to come by, when you consider that few people on here actualy have the initiative to have a manifold fabricated. imo the bike carbs are better value for money.

i agree mate value for money they are a bargain! but the webers are far rarer and worth the extra cash ;) i wouldnt have bought them otherwise :p

Yes they are extremely rare and worth loads, but im pretty fed up with manual choke and need the money...

the bike carbs need a manual choke too lol getting it to work on the other hand is not easy and the bike carbs are very hard to live with hence why i went to the webbers

i was not aware that the bike carbs needed a manual choke!! :S lol only ever did a few speed test with em tho.

Bike carbs are definitely manual choke, as I also owned them. The choke cable i was given though wasn't long enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back