I need 60mm lowering springs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FH-5

Site Supporter
Hi guys, I desperately need 60mm lowering springs so I can finally fit my SPAX suspension setup (been collecting dust for months)! Can't afford MPH's £200 60mm springs at the moment :(.

Anyone who has got any I am ready to buy them immediately :grinning:.

Thanks

Best off the shelf springs you can get are Apex 40mm ones. They retail at about £80. That's also the lowest you can get without going to MPH.

As the others said, you have shocks, why not just chop the stock ones!

Is there any risk at all when cutting new high quality springs to make it a 60mm drop? Like if I buy new Apex 40mm springs cut to make it a 60mm drop?

Thanks

Mine were 40mm springs and i went grinder happy, look would you say no???

DSC0144811.jpg

DSC0144812.jpg

I say chop em` and be done with!!

J

Still not convinced though :glare:? I have read that to chop lowering springs is a big risk and not worth it. I think I'll have to save up for the proper 60mm ones :(

Still not convinced though :glare:? I have read that to chop lowering springs is a big risk and not worth it. I think I'll have to save up for the proper 60mm ones :(

The 60mm ones are pukka, I had them so if you can save for them

If not then ...

Search the site mate, cut springs are fine providing there not loose on full droop

Speak to Frank he will tell you what's what
Cheers

cutting the original ones it's cheap but very stupid:glare:

oops someone esle who doesnt have a clue what they are talking about, cut springs are awesome and perfectly safe, aslong as you dont drive like schumacher, pretty much like driving with standard springs, same rules apply!

one thing bout bein nice n low centre of gravyty , once doing good m-way speed the car seems to tuck in lower due to meteorlogical reasons:laugh:

oops someone esle who doesnt have a clue what they are talking about, cut springs are awesome and perfectly safe, aslong as you dont drive like schumacher, pretty much like driving with standard springs, same rules apply!

Either they are perfectly safe or not.

TBH if you fit cut springs to nice new spax dampers you need locking up.

The biggest problem with running cut springs is the damping rate of the standard shocks that they generally get used with. Add a set of shocks that have a more suited damping and rebound rate to the short, stiff springs that the cut stockers have become (plus a little though into getting them to seat/stay seated) and you'll have a pretty good combo.

I wouldn't be hesitating to plug in the angle grinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back