how to remove spark plug oil seals from rocker cover?

Hi All , I managed to remove the rocker cover ( many thanks from YOU all) . But nobody has said how you replace the oil seals which are not easy and at one point I tried heat from my camping stove trying to melt it off . But these seals are designed to withstand heat so that didn't work. All of threads talk about replacing the rocker cover ! I don't the money for that or the time, as need my car for work. Peter0003

I just pried them out with a big flat screwdriver. There is some space underneath them to put the screwdriver and pry them out

Hi Maarten, THANKS All done oil seals came off easliy and put the seals back on just as easliy & then put everything back in order. Turn the key and nothing still won't start! engine rotating maybe the battery or alternator. If it is the alternator how tight should the belt be?

Hi .Maarten, On Saturday afternoon I ordered via e-bay a full set of HT leads as the no start appears to them & they are suppose to last for up to 100,000 miles, I've done 107,000 miles . Peter0003

A ht lead doesnt just fail after alot of milage. They fail if cracked and spark to the engine instead of the spark plug or just when sheered off.

Back