How to get my Nissan March K11 1.0L turbocharged?

CMF_Vibe7777

» CMF Member
Hi Guys,

I really want to make my k11 1.0 turbocharged. Please help, i would also like to know what exactly i will need to add or change.

Thanks

Vibe7777

CMF_Vibe7777

» CMF Member
Thanks for the reply kneival, however I have considered to put 1.3 L or 2.0 L Primera engine which will fit pefectly with some modifications of course with the engine chasis.

what do u advise?

CMF_Vibe7777

» CMF Member
So kneival buddy, i already got a price for a Nissan 1.3 engine, however not turbocharged....what are the parts which need to be changed?

CMF_goldstar0011

» CMF Member
As far as I knowall you need to do is get a 1.3 engine+gearbox+ecu and have it dumped in.
No modification needed - please correct me if I'm wrong

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
O/T: Does the 1.0L gearbox have lower gear ratios than the 1.3L gearbox? Or are they the same ratios? I think one of you UK guys may have to answer this one... Idea behind comment - lower gear ratios will make for even more sprited acceleration with the more power 1.3L.

Vibe777 - definately purchase a low KM 1.3L motor. There is no replacement for displacement, even in the world of micras. Its the one thing those V8 bogans have been right about over the past 40 years!

From there if you are not happy with the performance of the 1.3L, you can explore a bolt on turbo or supercharger to give it a bit more poke.

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
The 1.0 and 1.3 G/Boxes have different ratios in them.

There are less splines on the CV joint going into the gearbox on the 1.0 version on pre 1998 models and the clutch is smaller.

I think the 1998+ models have the same clutch as 1.3 gbox and uses same shafts so would be a straight swap with same clutch power and you could use a lightweight flywheel if you had one.

You will need parts wise...

Engine and G/Box as one complete lump
Front and rear G/Box mounts.
Both driveshafts complete with CVs boots etc.
Gear change linkage bar (might as well get the whole unit)
1.3 ECU (Non NATS)

If they have to split the eng and gbox make sure they keep ALL bolts!.

CMF_princip

» CMF Member
How much more work is there to fit a Primera 2.0 engine instead of the Micra 1.3?

When you are about to change the 1.0, why not go for an ever bigger engine? Is there really alot more work?

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
yes put 1.3l engine it. but to turbocharge you need
turbo
intercooler
piping
new exhaust manifold
pod filter and new intake system
ecu
bov or wastegate

then theres the maybes like
bigger fuel pump
injectors
forged pistons and rods (thats if u got the money and wanna go safe)
lower compression.usually thinner head gasket.
and probably lots more stuff. you usually find out what you need when you doing job.

CMF_princip

» CMF Member
But isn't there also a 1.4 Micra engine available?

You might be right about the choice of engine. But what I understand the Primera P10 injectors are straight fit if you need bigger injectors?

Cheers..

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Just get hold of the CG13DE motor, gearbox, drive train etc. Turbo it up to whatever your budget will allow. The cheapest and easiest way to go.
4/5 psi boost with everything stock standard and at this level an intercooler is optional.
At this level you would still have a zippy Micra.
How far you want to go ??

CMF_princip

» CMF Member
I think thats the way to go, and then see if it is worth changing for a non-micra engine. There are alot of nice conversions taking place right now. I'm looking forward to see the results...

Back