how to get dipped beam to stay on with main

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
as title says, basically, i've fitted a hid kit (h4 fitment with a halogen mainbeam bulb inside the hid bulb).
i need a way for the dipped beam to stay on when i flash the main and switch on main beam, because on the k11 it switched dipped beam off when using main beam and the light looks yellow and not very bright, even with my modified fog lights/driving lights.

swiper

is the wiring man enough to supply both filaments ?
i ran both on a genny testing setup, and the bulbs got megga hot

swiper

is the wiring man enough to supply both filaments ?
i ran both on a genny testing setup, and the bulbs got megga hot

the hid bulb doesn't run as hot as a normal h4 bulb, also the wiring to the hid bulb is quite beefy, so would probably take the heat better than the nissan connector, which is now under the light. on my old fiesta, the dipped and main filaments came on together i think.

you will have a magic box in the driver's footwell that controls dip and dim lighting, if you have HID attached to that it can screw your balasts, so you need to take that out of the loop first.

if you want them to come on all the time, then wire the signal wire that causes the lights to come on into the side lights, then have a switch between them so that you can have just the side lights on...

Back