Main beam

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
i would like to know if anybody has the same problem as "overly bright front lights on main beam"??? most of the time driving at night i have to have them on side cause i BLIND the other drivers.

if i do have them on main beam, cars on the other side of the road "Flash ther lights" to say "lower your FULL BEAM", but ther not on full beam. so i then flash my FULL BEAM, BLINDING them even more.

napster

cisco

» CMF Member
Has the car been in a front end accident ever?

May be that the lights are tilted upwards too much and just need a headlight alignment. Most bodyshops can do that for you. Its usually a case of headlights angled incorrectly when they blind people rather than the bulbs being super strong etc.

The lights on my car need an alignment. When they are pointing at the garage wall, one is clearly a lot higher than the other side. But noone really flashes me or anything, so I don't think mine are blinding.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
my car failed MOT for having "wrongly angled headlights" a month ago. they told me it was fixed.
the only thing is, talking to my mate about it, i didnt have my sub, amp, speakers in boot when had MOT. maybe the weight of them now is tilting the front up??

Napster

CMF_w8upforme

» CMF Member
If they are just pointing upwards due to extra weight in the back (as you assume), is it not possible to just use the headlight adjuster inside the car???
You can point the lights downward to avoid "blinding" other people under heavy loads in the back.
I don't think it will be the case here as cant see how an ice setup can cause this (based on your description)

CMF_w8upforme

» CMF Member
I think nothing has been done about it in the first place, or something is seriously wrong with your headlights, do no about laws in your country, but in Holland we can get fines for blinding other people due to incorrect headlight adjustment.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
Not really a law, but i could get pulled over by the police, just like if i had "one main Beam Light out" :-(

i must agree when i drive infornt of my sis she still says ther the same as b4.

i now just drive mainly with "side Lights", i know i shouldnt, but would rather do that, then get abuse from other drivers lol

Napster

Cheers

Back