how to change a clutch easyest and fastest way?

please help cltch has gone and i need my car for tomorro and dont finish work till half 4so starting then, so help would be grate pleaseeeeee help

I can check Autodata for you if you need to know how long it should take?

I'm not sure of a quick way but removing my gearbox didn't take long at all :)
Here's what Autodata says
aoLO3.jpg

please help cltch has gone and i need my car for tomorro and dont finish work till half 4so starting then, so help would be grate pleaseeeeee help
i pull the g/box off and down on my preface 1.0 leon (shafts, starter and gearchange still fitted) but ashley,s facelift 1.0 g/box would,nt lower down for some reason, so we pulled the g/box to the right and changed the clutch in the 6" gap (twas surprisingly easy !)

i have a 97pre facelift :)what would u sugest is the easyest way? i need to change the thrust bearing to and could you give me a quick step by step?

so i'll take about 3hrs then?
half hour on mine :)
mine has 2 nuts holding the bumper, and 4 bolts holding the g/box to engine :)
yours will be....... slam panel off, batt and its base off, rad out, 4 x 14mm bolts off the g/box/engine, 2 more 14mm bolts on the rear mount, 2 x lower sump braces/brackets, 3 x 14mm bolts off the n/s mount, then pull it off

okays thank you :)do i need to remove the drive shafts form the hubs or gearbox at all?
my shafts have never been out (damn messy job !), but if yours is a pre-face 1.3 it will have the same (bigger) g/box as ashley,s facelift 1.0, in which case you may not be able to lower it down ?

and i always fit a long m8 bolt and nut through the front lower engine to g/box14mm bolthole when the g/box is half on (refitting) so that there,s a 20mm gap.
this lines it all up so that you can rock it gently and spin the nut down the thread at the same time, to close the gap :)

thank you for all the info nd help pal, im just ganna bite the bullet and get the job done ive got about 4hrs of light after wiork so i should hopfuly be done :)will i need to make any pedle adjustments? as atm i cant feel my biting point at all but i do no it was reallllllly high to change gear i doont have to press clutch in that far i'd say about five to ten mm :/

ive already got my clutch it in the boot of the car but if you think adjusting it first would be best could you please tell me how to do that? im useless with micras haha

ive already got my clutch it in the boot of the car but if you think adjusting it first would be best could you please tell me how to do that? im useless with micras haha
the thumb nut under the battery mate (with a 10mm locknut) and is the clutch 160mm ?

ive tryed to adjust that but i couldnt work out how it works :/losen the 1mm nut? and im not sure the size i went to my local motor factor gave them my number plate and the gave me it

okay mate i'll give that a bash first :)thanks and ibll check the box after work :)if i get stuck ibll come backe see if you can help :)thabks

i spent about 5hrs on the clutch last night and the gear box still isnt off!!!ive undone ever bolts ive got a gab between engine and gear box now tho

Back