How many miles per tank

I was all ready to post my best result and was sadly disappointed when I got to the end of the thread and saw it was locked :(

I got 406.5 miles on a tank 47 mpg and 39.54 litres !

I've not been able to beat it since, got 373.4 miles @42.7mpg from my last tankful.

I think a new thread is perfectly relevant to allow new members to share their MPG experiences, especially given the way the cost of petrol has rocketed recently.

i,m still averaging 130 miles on a 20L tank of gas,(between £9.50 and £12.00 depending on where i top-up) which works out at nearly 30mpg.
i could probably get 170+ miles if i pussyfoot it (fat chance of that tho :p)

hi

my dad is lucky if he gets 200 miles to a full tank and he put in 39 ltrs last time. his is a 1.3 so it looks like hes got a problem with throttlebody, lambda sensor or something else is ####ed. once the service has been done we will see if anything changes

cheers

we get about 280 miles for a full tank. its a 1.3. does anyone reckon thats ok or should i look for something to make it better? thats after a full service inc oils, fuel filter, air filter, plugs and checking tyre pressures. I also drive real slow...no lead foot in this!

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/
Useful website, very detailed, you can configure: motor horsepower, weather type, driving style, highway or city driving etc
Would be interesting that many of us register so we'll can compare ;)
Seb

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/
Useful website, very detailed, you can configure: motor horsepower, weather type, driving style, highway or city driving etc
Would be interesting that many of us register so we'll can compare ;)
Seb

I'm getting about 230 miles. I think that has much more to do with my driving style than any problems wit the car.

I must try to remember that the throttle is not a switch.

I get between 260-300 miles per tank out of my one litre with mixed if a little heavy driving -not bad for an old £70 r-red k11 with 92k on the clock!!

I filled up full tank. On city driving the tanks near empty and I only done 170 miles. What would you say its down to? Where's the best place to go check? Changed the air filter, oil, oil filter since buying the car in march. Couldn't change the fuel filter as it was hard to take off.

I get about 190 miles on a full tank and i changed the lambda senso for an original new part... not sure what else i may need to change to up the MPG, Throttlebody (new) any ideas guys where to look??/

Cheers

J

So far: 1.0L automatic K11 with 195/45/15 wheels and roof spoiler
Best - 34mpg.
Worst/winter time/ - 29gmp

Driving style and weather make a difference

you only need to put how many liters and what mileage it produced
the hole thing with the k11 i personally have found is in all condition i got the same mileage
i highly rate these cars for that reason

My fuel usage is slowly getting better. My filler is a bit broken so it only lets me put about £35 in from empty, but that gets me around 250ish miles, I can't remember specific figures but I punched it into an MPG calculator at the time and got like 39mpg, so pretty happy.

Just wish petrol wasn't so damn expensive! Found an old newspaper from a couple years back astounded that prices where hitting like 120 per litre, if only they knew what was to come!

just done the mpg calculator and im getting 42 mile to the gallon which im pretty impressed with specially as im heavy footed, filled up last tank with 31.89 of super unleaded at 1.36.9p litre, got 298 miles before i filled up again and was nowher near reserve tank had about 80 mile till hit reserve roughly so quite impressed :)(Y)(Y)(Y)

Well i fill up when it gets to just under the red line. Then i put 15quid in and it got me 103miles! Then back to red line put in 30 quid and now its dropped to just abovee a qusrter of a tank and it on like 80 miles and i was expecting to get at least 200 out of 30 which is still pants as i paid 134

My Corsa has done just over 420 miles, and it's just going into the red. Costs £60 to fill. Been driving it really economically as it's approaching it's 90'000th mile birthday.
My Glanza does about 170 miles to a full tank lol, and that's super unleaded only!

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pi.gif

Link to my mileages:
http://img827.imageshack.us/g/125112010.jpg/

I've done the TB resoldering +cleaning the day I have taken the picture number 6, you can see the improvement since 7th picture !

Like Mark, my throttle cable could be replaced by a switch ON/OFF .

???????

The "thread without pic" message was not for you, and It's not about proof at all. Just accuracy.
Oh, and by the way, I'm not lying to myself or anybody, why are you feeling agressed?
I hope you'll manage to fix your paranoia problem, no offense man, be strong.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just wish petrol wasn't so damn expensive! Found an old newspaper from a couple years back astounded that prices where hitting like 120 per litre, if only they knew what was to come!

get everyone to join this
http://www.fairfueluk.com/

then get this, you must feel shame if you havent done this up;smile mf

The FairFuelUK Update from Quentin Willson

Thank you for signing the FairFuelUK campaign petition. You were one of the 140,000 that helped us force the scrapping of the 5p fuel duty rise and made George Osborne become the first Chancellor for a decade to reduce duty. YOU MADE THAT HAPPEN. Believe it or not, prices would have been 6p even more on the increasing levels we have been seeing since the Budget. So, while we managed to get the government's undivided attention to the Budget day, they have failed us since.

???????

The "thread without pic" message was not for you, and It's not about proof at all. Just accuracy.
Oh, and by the way, I'm not lying to myself or anybody, why are you feeling agressed?
I hope you'll manage to fix your paranoia problem, no offense man, be strong.

I know its not but im saying anyway. Agressed? Im fine matey pops.

Hopefully you resolve your issue.

Yeah i don't feel that pics are really needed either. You gotta just take stuff on face value on a forum and have a little faith in the other members. Besides we're all micra drivers and we know what they're capable of, so if anyone came up with some ridiculous numbers we'd all enough not to take it as gospel. Chill out with stuff dude it's meant to be a happy place on here :laugh:

get everyone on this!!!!
get everyone to join this
http://www.fairfueluk.com/

then get this, you must feel shame if you havent done this up;smile mf

The FairFuelUK Update from Quentin Willson

Thank you for signing the FairFuelUK campaign petition. You were one of the 140,000 that helped us force the scrapping of the 5p fuel duty rise and made George Osborne become the first Chancellor for a decade to reduce duty. YOU MADE THAT HAPPEN. Believe it or not, prices would have been 6p even more on the increasing levels we have been seeing since the Budget. So, while we managed to get the government's undivided attention to the Budget day, they have failed us since.

i changed my lamber sensor due to it was ######d and clenaed my throttale body and now im doing 38.97mpg went to japfest and got 300 miles to 40 quid :)

According to the trip thing, if I ran it dry I ought to get 387 from 42 litres which ain't too bad. Still can't believe it though, with my k11 and now my K12 both with 42 litre tanks, you couldn't get £40 in a Micra, now it's £50+ :(.

have a little faith in the other members. Besides we're all micra drivers and we know what they're capable of, so if anyone came up with some ridiculous numbers we'd all enough not to take it as gospel. Chill out with stuff dude it's meant to be a happy place on here :laugh:

Porkpie, I never said I didnt trust anybody or some people were lying, the message was "with pic it's more accurate" and you have history of the mileage and can compare them, that's it. I never had any trouble with people here, and I will not blame John until the end of time, it's already forgotten, closed file.

According to the trip thing, if I ran it dry I ought to get 387 from 42 litres which ain't too bad. Still can't believe it though, with my k11 and now my K12 both with 42 litre tanks, you couldn't get £40 in a Micra, now it's £50+ :(.

Here it is 1.56EUR/L, harsh. Total' CEO even told it will inevitably rise up to 2EUR/L...
http://translate.google.fr/translat...ourse-186043-FP.html&sl=fr&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

yeh i am with seb dude and dont trust any more:grinning: where's the pics dudes??

since last twenty £ refill things got this low down

DSC00698.jpg

whoops wrong pic,,,,,,,,,

this low down
DSC00705.jpg

i had to refill

so waited till
DSC00706.jpg

then............
DSC00709.jpg

and he was still runing
DSC00711.jpg

dont want to go too low so fill him with this
DSC00714.jpg

see how much i gets

LoL funny chat, just adding my two cents I travel 230 mi roundtrip everyday to work and I get 35mpg. I'm working on a US base so I get my gas at 4$ a gallon gotta love that US gas prices (even though everyone across the pond is having a heart attack) and I live in Germany so I can go as fast as I want on the autobahn. (I'm lucky if I get 140kph) 1.0L, 1997, CVT auto. Let me know if anyone has questions or needs "proof"

i have a 1.3 auto and i get around 200miles on full tank, that dont seem rite reading all the other posts, just had a full service done aswell. what do you guys think??

Back