how many kids you got in a micra? (k11)

ok guys,having just bought a 3 door micra K11 i have a question.....

I have 2 kids already,a daughter at 7 and a son at 4.they both have car seats in the car.

this morning my partner just told me shes pregnant! so im a little baffled as to how im gonna manage with 3 kids in the back of a micra!?!?

ive only just bought the car and its a minter and really want to keep it but somehow i just dont think its gonna work out when the newborn arrives.

hmmmmmm.........

how many kids/car seats have you got and how do you manage? all comments appreciated.

Could always strap the eldest one to a roof-rack :D.

haha yeah lol.

i was thinking i would either.....

A: just keep it and manage
B: sell it and buy a bigger car (dont really wanna get rid atall if im been honest as its mint and so cheap to run/tax/insure)
C: keep it and still buy a bigger car and use it as my ''own'' daily driver car
D: keep it and buy a bigger car and then strip it out and turn it into a screamer track car

anyone got any advances???? or any suggestions???

She dislikes the Micra that much!?!

nah,our lass loves it.she thinks its great because its so cheap to run and insure.my insurance has dropped from 75 a month on a tdi passat to just 35 a month for the micra! so saving big on insurance and saving abit on fuel too.

Im managing with 2, a nearly 2 year old and a newborn. Also double pram in the boot but youll only need to worry about 1 pram surely? Btw the rear seatbelts wont be suitable for 3 kids so the missus will have to be lumped in the back?

Im managing with 2, a nearly 2 year old and a newborn. Also double pram in the boot but youll only need to worry about 1 pram surely? Btw the rear seatbelts wont be suitable for 3 kids so the missus will have to be lumped in the back?

cheers for that.yeah only one pram when newborn arrives in October (approx) and yeah i never thought about putting the mrs in the rear.might not be bad after all then!

Honestly we have our newborn in the front where both of us can see her instead of in the back where none of us can see her. Made sense with the first child so stuck with it on the 2nd, then she'll go in the back once shes old/big enough to face forward :) but it wont work with 3 at all unless your 7 year old is in a booster seat? But then am still not sure if thats allowed with the crappy middle seatbelt

or E: have 2 micras :p you drive 1-2 kids while misses drives the other and u maintain the low running costs of the micra

hate to say it, got to say it,

get a volvo

I had 2 newborn carseats, and an adult in the backseats (tiny adult about 5ft 3) a pram in the boot, and there's no room for the missus' handbag!
Gutted
But deffo keep the Micra, strip that biatch out!

hate to say it, got to say it,

get a volvo

been there done that and had the expense to go along with it.not in terms or mechanical expense (after all volvos are bombproof to a certain degree) but in terms of running costs! they cost an absolute fortune to run so doubt that option is on the cards.

however,if push comes to shove ill just buy a run of the mill people carrier or something.

But for now,the new baby (or babys if theres more than one!!! :eek: ) is/are not due until around october so i got plenty of time to make arrangements.One thing i know is the micra aint going anywhere! i really do love the micra so much! its so simple and basic yet is so much fun and has bags of character for what it is lol.:)

ye they are expencive, but as you say, bombproof and I swear child proof, i remember a time (many moons ago) when a friend of ours was a bit ill whilst driving through a field, so we cable tied him up, threw him in the boot an went for a bit of a bumpy ride, nevvertheless he managed to get himself out using nothing more than a lighter and a crowbar, but never have i seen any seats so easy to clean (abeit they were that cheap plasticy stuff)

I hav got 3 boys who are age 7,4 and 15 weeks and we manage in our lil 3 door micra. We put the 2 youngest in the back with ether me or the wife in the middle then the eldest in the front and we manage fine like that...

pedobear.gif

Back