How many K11 micra turbos are in the U.K

T

TNE Speed freak

Hi, im just what to find out how many K11 micra turbos are the U.K or are in production?, and also what colour are they.:wow:

as far as i know there wernt actually any `factory` built k11 turbo`s
maybe im wrong?, anyone

There werent any k11 turbos built in production, but something tells me there are a few k11 turbo's flying about somewhere. just couldnt tell you where! :p

i know of 2 one being jo's the other i saw for sale a while back but if it was for real or not i dont know

i know there is more than 2. a hell of alot more than 2.
again cant tell you were etc. but trust me when i say it. there is a few. unfortunatly none are within the club any more or arent internet based

yeah theres definatly alot more than people think

Attachments

• titch wheels.JPG
    titch wheels.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 345
from wot i know

there are 3... and many others.

1. Joannes..Red one
2. Ayat..black,rally kit one
3. sum random bloke from Derby iirc, Blue facelift one

i think theres one in barnsley aswell ,,dark green,facelift,

havent seen it jus herd about it,,,

I didn't mean "production" as factory production, what i was trying to say if anyone was building one, sorry for my crap language skills

T N E stand for Turbo Nutters Engineering.:laugh:

Im part of a group of lads from Birmingham we all have turbo cars. We build/mod our own cars in our garages/drives.

I'll let you in a little secret, i have just finish building my car "k11 micra" which me and my mate have turbocharged it. I was first known as George, then MR JOJ (M12 JOJ) on the msn forum, but now known as Speed freak. Some people know my car, its a yellow K11 micra from a few years ago.

But for the summer I'm bringing it out. Hense that why i wanted to know how many K11 micras are they in the uk so i can add one to the list:wow:.

ah the illustrius mr joj eh, i read a couple of your posts over on cisco's site well i guess it was you, thought you were going SR20DE...what happened there.

congrates aboutthe turbo tho and get some pic's up, is the kit still the same? any more recent info about the car tuning etc?

Dave

pictures of the car in question...
[attachment=505]

and another...
[attachment=506]

looks very tidy bar some restrictive looking piping. over all a very smart job IMO

Dave

The car runs like a dream Dave, the car has no flat spots at all.

The lad who mapped the car was shocked, because how smooth it runs and hes got a civic turbo and a toyota supra TT.

The car runs like it can from factory. At first it ran 15psi then turn it down to 7/8psi. There no restrictivty at all. The car spins up nicely:wow:

nice one, now watch out for the head gasket going pop, i know of some other member who has just blown one, he was runnig 8psi and 150bhp@fly so probs a similar setup to yourself, now he has to folk out for a kappatsu 2mm gasket. just a thought,

you got and specs for it, i guess you are running either a T2 or a T25 and what did you use to map and are the internals std etc.

come on dish the details lol, v interested indeed

Dave

Davey C said:
nice one, now watch out for the head gasket going pop.

No Dave beat you to it i have a custom 2mm copper gasket. Tell a lie i have two copper head gasket, one on the car and one is spare. I have thought this through and they where cheap as chips.

Can you handle the truth because here i go.

4 primera black 1600cc injectors,
1 cossie green injector ( not plumbed in yet maybe when i want more bhp).
T25 tomcat turbo
Borg and beck clutch. (Getting a new 1 from W.Mids which should handle 200+ bhp).
Fiesta RST fuel regulator,
RS500 induction kit,
Mist Evo M.sport fuel pump,
Blitz BOV,
GReddy E mange,( using the the standard 1 litre ecu)
Blitz turbo timer,
Autogauge 5in tacho + shifter light, boost and oil presure gauge (carbon fiber),
Autometer air/fuel gauge (carbon fiber)
Custom oil feed (thanks Dave aka Lowrider)
Full custom exhaust system with no cat

The cars describtion.

The car has no interior, stripped out apart from 2 MOMO bucket seat.(yellow/Blue cant get black/yellow)

The dash is Black and Yellow,

6 point cage (on its way from germany, then polished/chromed dipped)

Front OMP strut brace chromed dipped,

Front lower strut brace (on its way from germany)

Rear Aliminum polished struct brace ( on its way from germany)

Gtir brakes and braided hoses

RSGT 17in wheels

Still have a bit to do yet like the chequer plating the doors, getting some 4 point harnesses, light weight wheels, carbon bonnet and etc. I try and get some more pictures up

Agree that is a nice set up. The E manage is a powerful tool - I know them well now :) Are you still using the stock airflow meter? if so the only problem I see which is not advisable is to use the cossie injector to pass fuel over the Micra MAF (that is if you still use it). Get it to the pod - I would be very interested to see how you do :)

Ed

Wow!!! Nice one mate!!! Welcome to the site again lol, remember your car from the old forums, looked very nice indeed, and now it has the engine mods to match. Great stuff!!! :D

iv been told theres a blue micra about washington with a ca18 turbo lump in it (think thats the right engine, 200sx lump) i havent seen it yet but have been told about it when iv been asking about places for my ga16 conv.

Here some more picture so everyone can see them member and non-members. Click on the pic to view a large picture. I hope you like them:wow:

Micra pics

Are you still using the stock airflow meter? if so the only problem I see which is not advisable is to use the cossie injector to pass fuel over the Micra MAF (that is if you still use it).

Ed[/quote]

Yes i'm still using stock airflow meter, can you explain the problem please.

TNE Speed freak said:
Are you still using the stock airflow meter? if so the only problem I see which is not advisable is to use the cossie injector to pass fuel over the Micra MAF (that is if you still use it).

Ed

Yes i'm still using stock airflow meter, can you explain the problem please.[/quote]

Ok airflow sensors work by measuring the temp change on a hot wire with reference to a cold wire. If you inject fuel as a vapour from an injector over an airflow meter you will get very unpredictable results, and you can guarantee that the airflow meter will have a much shorter life. The solution to this in your case would be to remove the K11 airflow meter, fit a pulsar GTIR airflow meter before the turbo intake and then update the settings in the e manage.

Man that is a nice car! Mm, shiny engine bay! :love: Looks like a lot of well spent time & effort :cool:

I would say not a lot of money but alot of man hours and graft.:wow:

Here a picture when the bonnents on. (the car is a bit dirty, sorry).
DSC00072.jpg

The more the merry i say good luck on the turbo conversion, i you need any advise or part let me know i have a few things lying around like intercooler, Hks aic,, Dastek ecu and maybe a few more bits somewhere.:wow:

Back