How many K's is average out a micra?

CMF_turborob

» CMF Member
Hi there,

I've been lurking around these pages for a few years now, but never owned a micra. Since my car was just written off, I'm looking for one.

I've seen one with 220,000 k's. It's a manual.

Questions are;

1. How many K's are regular for the engines?

2. Does the gearbox have an expirey?

3. How long do the clutchs last?

Anything in particular I should look for?

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

smidge

» CMF Member
1. between 120 and 220 seems to be the average for this age

2. every gearbox does if its abused, look for solid service history and feel it out

3. i don't think mine is the original, but they are not too expensive to replace and like a gearbox, will take a while to wear out. the car is quite light so the driveline doesn't take a beating unless you abuse it

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
mines upto 315000kms and only replaced input shaft bearing on g'box, clutch (@ about 250000km) and CV's (again at 250000km) so considering that... that's amazing for a little car that's is driven moderately quickly everyday over 120km per working day for the last 9 years.....

fred WROTE:

"mines upto 315000kms and only replaced input shaft bearing on g'box, clutch (@ about 250000km) and CV's (again at 250000km) so considering that... that's amazing for a little car that's is driven moderately quickly everyday over 120km per working day for the last 9 years.....

that's mad.. i think it comes down to servicing and how you drive it... there's a difference between driving fast, and thrashing...

fred WROTE:

"I'll take that as a compliment? (but I think sometimes I get close to thrashing, just can't let some cars just pass me...)

yeh mate.. compliment.. even racing isn't thrashing if you do it properly.. no sense constantly launching of trafic lights and bouncing of the limiter in every gear including reverse..

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
i personally wouldn't buy one with more than 180k's without budgeting for the following:

gearbox replacement
distributor replacement
airflow meter replacement

And i'd also be budgeting for a replacement motor for a car with around 200,000 to 250,000km on the clock (if it already hasn't been done around the 180k mark because of timing chain noise). Unless its been serviced properly and driven appropriately the CG13 will be close to the end of its useable lifespan (well, most certainly the timing chain). Good engines but like most other small japanese motors if you don't service it properly with quality lubricants, its going to wear out fairly quickly.

Everything else which might require replacing like CV joints, bearings, etc are just common wear items in any second hand car.

Thats if I was going to be doing it all again.

Back