How Did You Lot Get Away With...

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys just wondering how u lot got insurance on all the mods you got on with companies such as norich union/admirial/swinton/directline/elephant etc... cuz me declaring
alloys/air filter/window tints/ springs/ shocks/ anti roll bars/ strut brace
they say no :( (most only allow 3 maybe 4 mods)

only one who has actually given me a proper quote is adrian flux but with a nasty £600 excess!!! im 20 with 2yrs no claims on a 1l 2000 micra :(

yes ive tried confused its the weekend they gave me quinn so gonna try call them up 2morrow n c if they allow the mods

Adian flux and performance direct are ur best bets.

If you have a couple of mods when u start ur insurance off, you can add them once you have ur insurance, and they are normally better that way. But the two above will be ur best choice from my experience

Only really worth declaring the alloys and springs I would say really. Adriun Flux are good though. Also try CIS, they covered me for this year. :) They are pretty good.

try nissan insurance, they allow 6 (you could class springs shocks as one i think) their number is 0870 125 6581, it costs me £556.74 on my cooper with the chilli pack window tints alloys pipercross induction kit and my unichip. Not bad for fully comp for a 23 year old driving a 128.9bhp car and one speeding ticket.

Yeah, actually ignore that last comment lol, I have everything declred on mine, but definitely worth it so your safe I guess lol. :)

tints dont need declaring, strut braces and shocks dont need declaring. anti roll bars dont need mentioning as they come with these ne wayso_O
they aint aftermarket mods so to speak.
plus they wouldnt pay out for struts and tints.
its anything yuou would class as being stolen or bhp increasers that they class as performance upgradfes.
brakes and suspension aint such

RE: RE: How Did You Lot Get Away With...

chie said:
at the very worst you get done for fraud

At the LEAST you'll be done for fraud. o_O Huge fines and more.

I work for an insurance company, and you're well up $#!+ creek if you don't declare your mods.

The company you are with will revoke your insurance back from the day it started (if with the same company for several years - right back to inception date) They will issue you a cheque for the premiums that you have been paying. Basically, the insurance company will want nothing to do with you. Especially if you have injured someone else.

It will then appear as if you have been driving around un-insured for all that period of time. Court appearances will follow - and do you seriously think you'll be able to get insured again????

I don't mean to be such an ass about it, but I really do see this thing happen every few weeks or so. Better safe than sorry I reckon. The majority of the mods will not increase your premium, but we still make notes on our systemsin case it comes to claim time:glare:

Tints effect ur insurance tho, cos if u have them, and they arent declared, they can use them against you if you are in an accident and use that as a reson for not paying out.

insurance companies will use everything against you so they dont have to pay out for the claim, dont let them have any excuse not to pay

Someone I know was told by the policeman that came to investigate his crash that he should take the sparco metal pedals off and put the rubber shoes back on as an insurance company didn't pay out on someone the week before because he hadn't declared them.

elephant wouldnt insure me on the basis that i had windows tinted via film n ive tried cis ive tried almost all of the numbers on the list mike put up before in the discounts section many dont insure so many mods or that im under 25 :( the springs/shocks/roll bar i replaced the old ones so it is classed as a mod me thinks but better to declare than not to aint paying thousands for nothing :p

Back