how low?

i've got chopped springs (2 3/8 turns if i remember) on 195/50/15 tyres. i have absolutely no idea how low my car is. could peoples with known lows measure the gap to the ground from either the sill or the top of the wheelarch?!! i'd love to know how low my little'un is!

i've got chopped springs (2 3/8 turns if i remember) on 195/50/15 tyres. i have absolutely no idea how low my car is. could peoples with known lows measure the gap to the ground from either the sill or the top of the wheelarch?!! i'd love to know how low my little'un is!

The front of my sill is about 4 and 3/4 inches off the floor and bottom of the front bumper is 4 and 1/2 inches off the floor. Its on matiz front struts with spring perch lowered which is roughly 80mm+ drop on the front. Rear of the sill is 5 and 3/4 inches off the floor and that's with corsa shocks and cut springs about 60mm drop.

How does it feel on the road with the cut springs? I'm wondering if I want to cut mine (done it plenty of times on other cars) until I have the free funds for a set of coilies.

feels good mate! toyo T-1Rs definitely help though!

it does wallow a bit but im pretty sure thats the lack of a front ARB
also, i currently drive around with a blown damper........

my plan is (considering my poor funding situation) to buy uprated dampers, and then fit lowering springs to them at the same height as my drop (when i finally have a minute to measure it!)

How does it feel on the road with the cut springs? I'm wondering if I want to cut mine (done it plenty of times on other cars) until I have the free funds for a set of coilies.
I had my rear springs cut in half and used each half as a spring.
It handled pretty well, felt very tight.
But over lumpy roads or rough ground it was almost unbearable.

I've experienced that bounce in several cars over the years. The only car it didn't happen with was the Volvo, I guess that was the heaviest car I ever chopped. Rather than get it in the weeds, I need to tighten up the handling a little.
OK, so I think I'll come down a coil or two and see how that feels. Thanks for the knowledge.

finally got round to measuring...... front of sill is 6 3/4 inch from the floor and rear is 7 1/4 inch.

working off your numbers, i must only be around 30mm drop front and 25mm rear....... less than i thought but the big wheels and lack of arch gap can be deceiving!

Back