i'm not to sure

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
well i think it has come time to move on to different things and am looking at possibly selling my micra.. but im not to sure what to ask for it.. its a 1995 slx with air-con and steer
*recently it has had a low klm gearbox
*new excedy sports clutch
*new lowered springs and shocks/struts
*front and rear brakes
*4 engine mounts
*new cv shaft
*new radiator
it also has ..... full stereo including splits in the front doors coaxials in the parcel tray and a 12 inch sub.
17 inch rims. new tyres up front and 50% wear on rear.
cannon muffler
autometre tacho and air/fuel gauge.
short shifter gear stick
boss steering wheel
crystal headlights
driving lights on the front bar
crustal indicators in the buards

it is clean. the front half has been resprayed and i was planning on doing the rest. inside is ok... seats are marked. but i am going to clean it up with a wet vac its done around 240000 but has been absolutely babied since i bought it. no oil leaks. no smoke.. no oil usage mechanically it is great

but anyways to my point. i really got no idea what it is worth. i mean i know what it has cost me to do but yeh
i need some ideas as to what other people think its worth

Attachments

• 30464.jpg
    30464.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 39

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
For anyone that does not know Micras, the high k's will lower it's value.
You say it's had another gearbox?. What was wrong with the old one?

Anyway to answer your question I've looked at Micra SLX's in yards. None as nice as yours appears to be but they all had less k's.

They seemed to come in around $5,500 -$6,000, pre haggling. I did not think they were worth those prices anyway.

I'd reckon you should open in that price range, see what response you get and be prepared to haggle.

Mychael

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
As someone who just went through the options...

You might be lucky to get $3000. About $1500 on trade in.

Cars that have been modified in that style typically don't really reel the buyers in unless you find a like minded buyer. The front end respray will not sit well for someone looking to pay on the higher end of the scale as it indicates crash history and the quality of the repairs would be unknown to them.

BTW regardless of what you say, noone will believe you if you say you baby it or change the oil every 20.23579km! Even if you DID really look after it, what does it matter? You haven't done the majority of the KM in that car. :)

Goodluck with selling it. Honestly, you're better off returning it to stock and selling the wheels and springs seperately. They're a major turn off.

smidge

» CMF Member
kind of a agree with yom, as cool as the rims and shocks are, they can turn off normal mum and dad buying for L plater type buyers

best bet is to see how you go, stick it on carsales or on here or forums whereever and guage interest as it is at the moment

if in a month or two you have no luck, try returning it to stock and making up the difference selling the wheels an shocks etc

you won't get your money back, not even close, but you won't lose out massively either

this time of the year is a good time to sell as lots of kids are buyin first cars and want to drive during holidays etc

although its a niche market cause micras got no airbags and ABS and all that garbage that the cotton wool kids of today seem to want!

smidge

» CMF Member
its worth at least three... my stocky without the new bits (clutch suspension etc) was just a touch under 3gs... which was a pretty good deal

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Just my opion,i think its worth around 3600-4500 and it would appeal to young drivers who are looking to be diferent. If all else fails strip it back to stock, and i think you no where to sell all the parts.

CMF_Chopper

» CMF Member
I would be interested if you were seriously willing to talk about 3000 - and am looking to buy asap really - once I find something that suits.

Looked at a Micra today from an ebay - second chance offer but it was really rough and dodgy - ie. no spare wheel, no lock nuts, thought it might be a bit warm - anyway beside the point but yeah. Thanks.

Back