Modifications
-Engine
-Microtech LT8 ECU
-Custom Exhaust Manifold
-2.5" Custom Exhaust From Turbo Back
-Reconditioned T25 Turbocharger
-Modified S13 Fuel Rail
-S14 Injectors
-CoolingMist Water/Methanol Injection System (Only run with water)
-HKS BOV
-S14 Sidemount Intercooler (Top mounted)
-3:1 Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Walbro Intank Fuel Pump
-Turbosmart Single Stage Boost Controller

-Driveline
-Datrats Custom Heavy Duty 190mm Clutch (Not currently installed)
-JUN Lightweight Flywheel
-X-Racing Short Shift Kit

-Suspension
-#70142 - Control Low Springs (320mm)
-#70140 - Control Low Springs (330mm)
-#1303312 - Sport Rated Externally Adjustable Strut Insert (x2)
-#1102812 - Sport Rated Internally Adjustable Shock (x2)
-#bnf30 - Heavy Duty Fixed Replacement Front Swaybar (22mm)
-#kca373 - Castor/Anti Lift Kit
-#kca412 - Camber Bolt Kit
-#kpr025 - Adjustable Panhard Rod
-#ksb605 - Upper Adjustable Alloy Strut Brace
-#ksb708 - Alloy Lower Control Arm Brace
-#w0922 - Shorter Bump Stop Kit
-#bnr29xz - Extra Heavy Duty Adjustable Replacement Rear Swaybar (20mm-24mm)
-#kta114 - Adjustable Upper Trailing Arm

-Braking
-DBA Slotted Rotors
-EBC Greenstuffs Pads
-Pulsar GTiR AD22VF Calipers

-Wheels/Tyres
-15" Axis Mag-Lite Graphite Wheels (VERY light)

-Miscellaneous
-Aufra Mini-Tacho Guage
-Aufra Boost Guage
-Aufra Exhaust Temperature Guage
-Aufra Oil Temperature Guage
-Aufra Oil Pressure Guage (Not currently installed)
-Clear Side Repeaters
-Kenwood KDC8023 Cd Receiver
-Alpine MRD-M300 Monoblock Amplifier
-2x Pioneer VCCS 10" Subwoofers
-2 Door Central Locking Kit
-Viper 791XV - Remote Start Alarm System With 2 Way Pager
-Viper 520T - Battery Backup Siren
-Viper 507T - Digital Tilt Sensor And Motion Sensor
-Viper 508D - Stand Alone Microwave Sensor
-Viper 506T - Break Glass Sensor
-Viper 513T - Mini Piezo Siren

The turbo conversion was only recently completed (at 147,000km) and my mechanic noted that the engine was in good health. It is running 5-6psi on low boost and 7-8psi on high boost. This is more than enough to hold off SS Commodores, XR8's etc... and enough to keep up with an XR6T until 100kmh. At the moment, water injection is activating as soon as positive manifold pressure is detected as I don't currently have the bonnet scoop in.

The suspension setup is great (at the moment it is all on the softest setting) and it handles VERY well indeed, and surprises a lot of other cars on the road when negotiating corners. Coupled with the brakes this car is very capable of outhandling almost any other car on the road with some nice driving.

All mods have been completed this year (with the exeption of the JUN Flywheel) and are all in great condition. Since these mods have been performed, only Penrite HPR30 has been used and BP Ultimate is the only fuel I use.

For the right price, I will get the bonnet scoop in (moulded and bonnet resprayed in factory metallic green). The stereo can be removed to lower the price, but it won't be much at all.

Now the important part. The reason (And only reason) I'm selling is because I'm starting schooling again next year, and don't want to put the k's on my pride (50min each way drive to get to campus). I love the car to bits, but going in to full time schooling, I won't be able to afford to pay for fuel, registration, rent and food all at the once. The standard clutch is still gripping well, but I also have a 190mm Exedy/Datrats custom unit that will be included if I get the price I'm after).

The engine work was done by Canberra's best (Ben @ Intune Auto/Racing) and the suspension tuned by the best (Howard Revell Suspension/Steering). Absolutely no corners have been cut on this car.

As can be expected, the body has a few dents but the paint is still in immaculate condition. The front bumper has a small hole in it where it was nudged by a Commodore but it didn't touch the panels etc.. The drivers door handle is also broken off (common fault). The door handle will be fixed at time of sale or the cost of a replacement deducted from the purchase price.

The car gets washed regularly by myself and almost detailed every 2-3 weeks. I am very fussy with my cars, and it will show when you see this car in person.

So there you have it guys; I would love to keep Mighty, but I'd be hard pressed financially to keep him without my studies suffering due to working more.

I'm open to offers around $12,750 but no stupid offers will be considered. This car will NOT be sold to just anyone, only someone who will care for it.

Thanks guys

Sean

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
ahhh nuts, bout the 4th time you've considered it for sale no? :p, i really hope this car goes too a good home, seano has definatly done a top notch job putting mighty together, as he said > no cutting corners.

best of luck with the sale seano,

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
Its a sad day!

But good on you for committing to studying. Its a smart move.

Yes its a great little hot hatch this one. I'm sure people will be very keen to snap this up. All the hard yards already done, lots of good gear in the car.

cisco

» CMF Member
There goes my Canberra boost brother!

*sigh* !!!. We didn't cruise much anyway, bloody bluey always off the road ;) ahh damnit.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Yeah Cisco...

I did the figures a month ago and I've only just brought myself to finally resigning to sell it tonight..

And no guys, there's no more surprises either.

Hey Cisco, at least my next car won't threaten Bluey, he was only ever off the road so you didn't have to line up against Mighty and be embarrassed!

Sean

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
It's very sad to see someone go so far with bombing there ride and selling straight after complesion, I hope you got heaps of fun out of it.

Good luck with the sale, If i had the money or was just starting out i would have brought it myself.

My own garage has got to much stuff in it already.(Micra Parts)

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah awesome idea. Man I would absolutely love to get it.

But I know what I'm like, I'd keep tinkering and they'd both be off the road. haha. Nah you'd have to discipline yourself. Absolutely love to, but be pretty crazy to have 3 micras in this household :) I'll have to pass. That means someone else can get this great little car.!

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Tony - the A/C system is not hooked up (the intercooler is top/sidemounted above the RHS engine mount near the windscreen wiper fluid bottle)

I have all the pieces though (except compressor), but the manifold will foul the compressor..

Is it just me... Or is it depressing? *Sigh*

Sean

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
So as you can see guys, the car is absolutely immaculate. I take great pride in my cars and enjoy keeping them well maintained.

I have the spare cup that the oil pressure guage will go into as well, and forgot to mention in the original post that the car also has an oil catch can (which hasn't caught any oil yet... Which is good)

There you have it guys - I'm even more depressed now looking at the pics... He's so photogenic!

Sean

CMF_~~SME~~

» CMF Member
That is very sad to hear.

I've got an idea work more, more I tell you. Buy some car that is dirt cheap, and economical i.e. get yourself another micra!! Use that as a daily and then upgrade more on your other micra whilst cruising through uni. You can do it. You have three months of holidays to save the extra rego and insurance you'll have to cover and even if it wasn't a micra you can get cars really cheap these days. I'm in uni atm I run my car but keep the micra for daily driving and the long trip to uni, 1.5 hours. Sad to see you let go of your car after you have put so much effort into it.

John

PS: Where did you get those gauges from they are awesome

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Sorry to see you have decided to sell you beloved micra Sean... and so soon after the turbo conversion. I guess everyone has to make some tough decisions in life and for you this must be one of them !.

I am sure whoever buys your machine will appreciate the enormous time, thought and effort you have put into your upgrades & maintenance. I am sure it will find a good home as this is the sort of car that will really attract an enthusiast.

Good luck with your studies !.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Micra not cheap to run??Pretty cheap to buy!!
I though they were very well made with a strong motor, drivetrain, and have proved to be in Aussie pretty well rust free.
New parts if you buy em through a Nissan dealer are expensive but I have never had any problems finding recycled parts at reasonable prices.
Fuel economy not bad either.
To my mind as a stock standard car very economical and well you can mod em up to whatever you want.
Sure I am biased but overall can think of a lot more cars far more expensive to buy and run.
Cost of parts only a small part of the whole picture.

CMF_Gareth

» CMF Member
Sad to hear Sean.

What will you do to get around while your studying mate? Buy a cheap run about, or use ever *cough*, reliable *cough* public transport?

I wonder who will be the first one to make a sensible offer. I think your price is reasonable. A considerable saving for anyone wanting to do these upgrades and havent already:).

Good luck with the sale:)

Cheers. Gareth.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Thanks for the kind words guys, you're really making it hard for me to let go of the car.

Its such a nice car, driving home from work tonight it was just making me feel miserable.

Gareth - I'm going to try source a $200 bomb to get around in until I can find a DECENTLY priced Suzuki Cappuccino or other K-Class car I like

Sean

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Haven't actually dyno'd it yet Aaron. I'd hazard a guess at around 85kw though... It has some guts (It feels slightly faster than yours when you came to Wakefield but that was so long ago!)

Oh well... I might get it done before it sells..

*sigh*

Sean

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Yeah I wouldn't mind to Dave, but I'm a bit reluctant to spend ANY more money on the car before it goes, I mean the turbo conversion will have lost me a fair chunk of my life savings/uni fee's kitty... But I'll talk to Jake and see what he can do.

If anyone just happens to know of anyone who wants a turbo Micra by chance, let them know to check mine out guys

Sean

goalio_fantastico(@)hotmail.com

cisco

» CMF Member
Hmm.....!

Nah whitey is just too damn reliable and economic for me to think about swapping it for another power machine.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Ok guys,

I've found the car I want now so Mighty has to go...

I've dropped the price to $11,750

I need him gone ASAP....

New additions: Flushed radiator and block, new overflow bottle from Nissan ($170) and new doorhandle from Nissan ($53)

He needs a new home guys...

Sean

Back