Better Handling

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
I now want to turn my attention to making it handle better, i am happy with the streight line speed now, so i would like to make it go round bends better.

Obviousley i could get a full kit from Matt Humphris, but...thats more than i want to spend really.

Basically i was thinking,

Lowered 50mm
Upper And lower Strut Braces
Anti Roll Bars

There is one more thing i cant think of :doh:, something you get when you lower the car, to make the wheels correct after lowering it??

Any more things i could do?

And also, will wheel size, Tyre profile, or width make any difference...at the moment i have 195/45/15's

Thanks, Guy

adjustable pan hard rod :)

sounds liek you have the exact same plan as me :)

only other thing i would suggest would be a wider tire, but tat'd mean new wheels..

i would really advise you get better brakes, maybe those off a 1.6 almera,

safety first and all

adjustable pan hard rod :)

Thats the one! lol

Great minds think alike ;)

How wide would you go on the wheels/tyres, because 195 is pretty wide, well alot wider than standard. What about the profile of the tyre,
lower profile = better grip?

How easy/hard are the breaks? could i just not buy performance pads and disks?

195 is plenty wide enough probably to wide, you can over tyre a car you know. Also go up on the profile size 45 is to low go to 60s you never see any rally cars to race cars on 45 profile tyres do you?? I run bilstien coilovers on my rally car with no anti roll bar....

i guess you could easily get hold of a set of improved discs and pads, although if yuo have any plans for future power increaes it could prve a useful excercise now. i an going to just go down to a scrap yard and nock some from there for mine lol

www.micrasport.co.uk

has some good priced stuff, especially for better discs for the K11

especially if you use your discount for being a member of the MSC

the lower profile tyre is good for road handling, though you might find a more expensive tyre, or performance tyre would be just as effective, although the lower profile does allow for less flex in the tyre wall,

as for not having any anti roll bars, i would pressume that coil overs negate their value some what but for fast road use on lower springs, you could find that the standard roll bars are more than usuable.

45 profile have too be fine...the rally cars that run road sections usually have lower profile tyres :p

dont go too wide though as aqua planing in the wet can become an issue, plus brake will lock up easier!

Its trarmac rallying that your on about i guess?? Yes they do run lower profile tyres than a gravel car but not much because you use 15 inch wheel s on gravel and 17s on tarmac, the tyres we use on the evo IX is about 60 profile but motorsport tyres are measured slightly different, be best off with a set of good tyres, id say something like a toyo 888 are a good road tyre for your needs.

Thanks for all that!
rufly how much would uprated shocks cost?
And how much for a set of good tyres?

Thanks

Back