How big should the exhaust be?

Graham

Buy & Sell Member
I've just picked up a 1990 Micra, 1.0 LS from ebay with very little history. To me and my wife the exhaust sounds a bit loud and rorty for what I was expecting. I've been around various different cars for a while and to me it doesn't sound like it is broken or blowing, just a bit tuned. Which is odd.

So what is that standard diameter of the exhaust on a 1.0 K10? I figure this will be a good starting point to see if it is a tuned or not...

Thanks!

Graham

I've just picked up a 1990 Micra, 1.0 LS from ebay with very little history. To me and my wife the exhaust sounds a bit loud and rorty for what I was expecting. I've been around various different cars for a while and to me it doesn't sound like it is broken or blowing, just a bit tuned. Which is odd.

So what is that standard diameter of the exhaust on a 1.0 K10? I figure this will be a good starting point to see if it is a tuned or not...

Thanks!

Graham

i aint got a k10 but the standard exhaust should be about 1 half inch i would of thought.

can ya take a few pics of it. it sounds like its got an after market back box on it

andy

I've always thought K10's have a more modified exhaust note to them than other cars, even when they are standard. Yours might be totally normal :)

I agree with Arnold. Every k10 ive ever had has had a raspy exhaust tone. I have just put a full system on mine and its quite loud.....sound nice imo

Thanks for all your help. Today I watched it start up from cold and there was exhaust coming out from around the back box so I popped into an exhaust place and found out that the back box was holed... obviously it's gone in a place that makes it sound nice :D

Cheers

Graham

Back