how do i clean my engine

i want to paint my rocker cover red but the rest of the engine will look **** if i do so im wondering whats the best way to clean the engine and make it look smart to match the rocker cover

i want to paint my rocker cover red but the rest of the engine will look #### if i do so im wondering whats the best way to clean the engine and make it look smart to match the rocker cover
I agree with H701...but make sure all your electrics are covered properly...take particulare care round the deep seated plugs as they will fill with water and if you dont get all of it out before starting the engine it could boil and crack the ceramics on the plugs...it happened to me on my other car...I found it best not to use a pressure washer..but a hose and watering can to rinse away all the gunge...take your time and do a section at a time...once youve got it right you could put a good engine laquer (Auto Glym) to give it a nice shine and to protect the surfaces....good luck..and enjoy the result,
Regards,
Steve.

heres the picture of my engine the rest of the bay needs a tidy and a clean but its nearly there

Attachments

• IMG_20140418_162549.jpg
    IMG_20140418_162549.jpg
    848.9 KB · Views: 257
Back