How cool is this?

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
I'm looking after my bosses green eyed tree frog for a week whilst she's on holiday. He's just been an a green blob asleep on a leaf for two days but he was up this morning when I got up, first time I've seen him :):

Freddo.png

I think she assumed that because I have 3 tarantulas, I'm an expert on all exotic pets o_O.

They'd eat him in a shot! In the wild, frogs are part of the tarantula's diet. Boss is back in Tuesday and he's still alive so far :D.

Careful Karl or I'll set Ginger (my Orange Bitey Thing) on you! One of the quickest and most venomous of all tarantulas. One bite and you've got 3 days of agonising body cramps to look forward to :eek::

ginger.png

Guy said:
Careful Karl or I'll set Ginger (my Orange Bitey Thing) on you! One of the quickest and most venomous of all tarantulas. One bite and you've got 3 days of agonising body cramps to look forward to :eek::

Mmm big quick spider... Might have to get a couple more bibles

Warpa, both pic's from my Nikon D5100. Hoopdub, I agree just wish they didn't sleep all the time :).

Yup, got a Mexican red knee, a Chilean rose and an Orange bitey thing :).

That frog is awesome, I'd love a little guy like that in my house! The tarantulas, not so much, but I can still admire their badass-ness.

Technically it's an Orange Baboon Tarantula (or Pterinochilus murinus) but hobbyists call the Orange Bitey Things :D.

It's very accurate Daren :D.

Harlen, that's one of the coolest things about t's. They are just stripped down, bad to the bone, predators - not scared of anything at all :).

(Except Karl's bible of course :D. Despite some of the silly films about them, they are actually extremely fragile. A fall from a foot onto a hard surface can rupture their abdomen and kill them).

Oh , and Freddo's back with boss in one piece. Just got a 'Oh, ok then, thanks for looking after him' - not even a bottle of red to say thank-you :mad:. Must've cost me £20 extra for the week just keeping the oil radiator thing on all the time just to keep him nice and warm :rolleyes:.

Odd-ball, here's Tidge the Chilean rose having breakfast. Can't find a pic of Phoebe at the mo :):

tidge.png

Tidge is about 4.5" across, Ginger's about 3". Tidge is an absolute poodle, a really handleable spider :).

Just taken this rather bad flash pic of Phoebe in my very dark living room. She's about 5" across the diagonal and not such a poodle!

phoebe.png

She kicks itchy hairs at you off her butt if you go too close. I had to move her once so I put rubber gloves on and basically grabbed her! Weirdly, as soon as I had hold of her, she was completely docile :). You never get complacent with t's though as they can be quite changeable in their attitude.

Back