Hey

Hi guys, im not that new to the forum, in fact i have been here for a few months, but i decided to keep quiet for a bit, i'm the owner of a green 1986 K10 march in Madeira Island, which is weird because we were supposed to only have micras as we got them pretty late (1985), i bought it at the time thinking it was just a random micra that popped up, but now, given that it's in fact a march, like, k10 micras are rare here, a march is a unicorn really, i'm saving it, thinking about tuning the MA10S though, as here in portugal we can't swap engines or do pretty much anything with our cars that is too obvious, i'm sure any question i have, people here will have the answer :)

Hello and welcome.

What do you mean by not too obvious
And do you have any pics?

Sent from my SM-F926B using Micra Sports Club mobile app
yeah, i have some pics on my phone, i'll send them as soon as i can, the "not too obvious" part is a bit tricky, by law you cannot change anything without the approval of our version of DMV, if you want to change something, you pay, and i mean pay literally almost everyone in the country, you have to pay nissan to get a certificate of conformity (try to get that for a k10 ) and then you got to pay emissions tax in the customs, then you pay an engineer, because of course nissan doesn't have a COC for such an old car, then you pay the DMV for them to "think about your case" which 99.9% of the time is a flat out no, and one day you wake up and realize you spent upwards of 4000€ trying to get a 500€ s***box street legal, BUT, despite a rule like this existing, you also have the trump card that you have a very very old car that predates that specific law here, there's no COC, so no way of figuring out what came with it from the factory, so if you make it look stock-ish, it works.

TLDR: you cannot really modify your car in portugal but this law is so unrealistic everyone still does it because for some cars they just have no way of figuring it out

here are the pics i promised too for anyone interested:

As you can see, it's a bit rough, poor thing passed the last 35 years as an outdoor car, so it's a bit rusty, it has the universal headlights type grille seen on very low spec base model marches, and it has literally no extras whatsoever, only thing different is the fact that it has march lettering, and it's registered as a march in the registration, besides that, i'm set on fixing it, as i like it very much, you can even see a faded march logo in the little center cap, it's just too cute to let it die imo :love:
that aside, i'm aware i'll never get what i'll spend on it though by selling it, at least for now as k10 are beginning to get scarce but are not that desired by anyone really, which is sad, but, to be fair, they are extremely basic and bland, as 80's japanese cars were, but that's literally the charm of a k10 after all these years.

Last edited:
Back