help?

CMF_bethpegs

» CMF Member
G'day, I'm new to the forum.. and pretty much to Micra's too. Had mine for a couple of months- got a nice stereo installed, and a couple of other little things.

It's a 1995 LX. Im planning on getting a cat back exhaust soon, fixing up the tint, and maybe color coding the bumpers.. Any other suggestions? Any help would be reeeally appreciated!

Cheers!

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
suggestion on what to do are all around how much your willing to spend.

theres suspension upgrades. springs, swaybars, shock, coilovers, new bushes, then theres brake upgrades.

but first of all you have to really ask yourself what do you want out of the car? how much you want to spend. coz then theres the turbo or supercharge route to take.

but from what it sounds like you want to do from first post i would reccomened suspension upgrades. whiteline do a couple of different kits for the micra.

smidge

» CMF Member
my progress has been new rims and tyres (the 155's are just not on...) 15's with 195s (yeah they are heavier but grippy!)

stereo, speakers, amp sub (you don't notice how slow the thing is with good tunes)

painted the center console, put floor mats in

shocks and new calipers up front and to freshen up the brakes

then tints

then a turbo kit

then buy a twin turbo subaru legacy boost bus to drive on the weekends when you get sick of battleing traffic in the go kart micra :D

CMF_bethpegs

» CMF Member
ok so "suspension upgrades. springs, swaybars, shock, coilovers, new bushes, "

i know in general what they are, but generally dont actually know what you mean lol :(

so springs for lowering? which i do want. coz my wheels are tiny i need to lower the car to make them look bigger heheh :p and a nicer ride.

suspension, shocks, brakes- what am i looking at, prices etc?

and yep, im getting tint.

im keen for aesthetics and more acceleration. but nothing too pricey. u know, a couple of hundred or so for individual things is my max. so no turbo, sadly :p

thanks for all your help!! much app'ed :)

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Coilovers can be a little expensive. KYB Excel G front struts and rear shocks will improve the handling. They are not horribly expensive.
King springs will lower your ride height a little and allow you to keep the 13inch rims.I have all these items on my car and they are fine.

Heavier front and rear stabiliser bars will improve the handling a bit.
Other then that in your situation I'd go no further with suspension.

Front brake improvement is to fit n14/1.6 calipers and rotors. These are a straight bolt on, HOWEVER require modification if you want to retain the 13inch rims. If you do it, it will be the only mod you need for brakes.

Extractors/headers and a more free flowing exhaust system will give you a reasonable performance tweak, couple that with a cold air intake and that would be enough to suit you. More then that and you are looking at big dollars.
Take one item at a time for pricing as costs vary.

Mychael

Back