help with tube on bottom of air box

CMF_mitch.

» CMF Member
Are you talking about the plastic hose that goes out of the air box and under the battery?
Cuz that one just sucks air.

Or are you talking about the really thin hose that comes out of the bottom?

Or are you talking about the breather hose that connects the air box to the rocker cover?

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
See the red circle and line in the pic. This is the bottom of the airbox. Where is the other end supposed to go? at the moment I just have it not connected to anything.

Attachments

• 66300.jpg
    66300.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 10

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
there,s only one small pipe that is subject to manifold vacuum david, and thats the one under the mani that goes to the fuel p/r/v
any other smallbore pipes are vents only, and wont affect the running of the car.
i think the vent from the carbon canister can go to either the pipe you are asking about, or else the small pipe/fitting at the rear of the t/b (which is upstream of the butterfly and not full vacuum)
the alternative is to fork the whole carbon canister crap into the bin :)

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
The small tube that connects to the airbox connects to a point below the crank case breather outlet (the bigger hose that attaches to the airbox its about 100-150mm below that)
that then joins another hose, that goes the the back of the throttle body, and a t piece which then goes to the carbon canister (i think).
On my iphone so cant post pics sorry.
Will add pics if i remember to when i get home from work.

Back