problem with air filter

CMF_Gallardo Escobar

» CMF Member
hi guys i've a new problem. i've bought a new cone filter to change the original one, but my problem is that the original box is connected to the throttle body and to a little tube that arrives on the head of engine. when i take off the original box, what do i do with that little tube? thanx

CMF_Gallardo Escobar

» CMF Member
here is a pic of my problem. in the red circle there is the tube that i don't know where put it when i take off the original box. please help meee

CMF_Gallardo Escobar

» CMF Member
just one more question...someone told me that with my new cone filter (i mean the big one) the car will "breath" better, but at high temperature it will work less then the original one. is it true??thanx again

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
you dont need a filter for this tube its not filtered as standard. it intakes before the filter in the airbox. just leave it open. or you can insert it into an old drinks bottle with a hole cut into it if you find it vents a lot of oil.
putting a little filter on their will just restrict it.

CMF_Gallardo Escobar

» CMF Member
and what about the problem of temperature? someone told me that when engine reaches high temperature the cone filter "finishes" to work and become worst then the original one. is it true?

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
an open cone is only best used relocated at the front grill or bumper where it can get the cooler air, it will get heat soak if on or near the throttlebody, even if it has cool air ducting going to it as it doenst do enough in my opinion. you can get the shielded cones where the ducting is sealed/clamped on to the shield, a bit like a standard airbox really lol, but at least it frees your cool air inlet design a bit more.
but you can get very good customised standard type air boxes with better ducting setups.
i have used a larger uk 1.6 nissan standard airbox with larger bore ducting inlet, clamped to this is flexi ducting going straight to the front with no restrictions or chance for heat to get in.

Back