Almera Air box Breather pipe.

Ok so ive ordered myself an almera airbox, with brand new filter. Also ordered the cold air feed to put into it. Next on the list is the breather pipe.

1. can I connect the standard pipe onto the almera box or is a longer tube needed?
2. can I connect a small breather filter on the end of the pipe? if so what is the diameter of this pipe so i get the right size filter.
3. how do I remove the standard 1.0 micra airbox to put this new system in place?

Thanks guys
Ash

1. can I connect the standard pipe onto the almera box or is a longer tube needed?Ash

no, it is not long enough, you could buy some from a B&Q to fit.

2. can I connect a small breather filter on the end of the pipe? if so what is the diameter of this pipe so i get the right size filter.Ash

yes you can, which i recommend. I bought a 16mm one of ebay bu it didnt fit, I cut abot 2mm of rubber out form the the breather tube and it fitted perfectley, So I would say a 114mm should fit fine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Breather-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a5ba1507

3. how do I remove the standard 1.0 micra airbox to put this new system in place?Ash

remove the existing cold air feed pipe, there are two screws holding it in place. Ones under the coolant reseviour andf the other is higher up on the left. im sure you can find them. Pull the end out the airbox and remove it.

To remove the airbox take off this bolt

untitled.jpg

Then undoo the jubliee clip that goes around the throttle body and remove the airbox.

To fit the almera just put the rubber sleeve from the original airbox on the almera one. pop it on the throttle body and tighten the jubilee clip.

The carbon canister will stop the airbox sitting stright you can either remove it or let it hang loose in the engine bay, I went for the latter option. Read this for details.

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/43257-Carbon-canister-removal

Hope this helps Buddy!! (Y)

I was going to mount the carbon canister upside down with the same bracket? and looks like a small 14/15mm filter will be purchased soon. Thanks guys

I was going to mount the carbon canister upside down with the same bracket? and looks like a small 14/15mm filter will be purchased soon. Thanks guys

No sure if it would work upside down, I just took the braket off and let it hang loose. Did it for 1 year no, harm done.

Back