Help with rims

Well I'm planning to upgrade my 13s to 15s but I would not be able to get lower springs for the car because I cant find anywhere that would ship outside the UK. Does anyone know if I dont lower it would it look real high or not? Would it just be best to get better 13s or maybe even 14s? Last thing, does anyone recommends getting the springs cut or some other modification? Thank you.

Hi,
15s do make an unlowered car look a bit like a tractor yes :p Have you seen if any of the lowering springs on eBay will ship internationally?
I wouldn't chop the springs as they are not designed to be!

where abouts are you ?

Im sure you can find someone who'll ship suspension bits to you...

To answer your question, yes it will look higher (cos it is :) )...thats why most people fit 35mm drop suspension, as it roughly returns the car to the height it was before you put on the 15's.

Now ive had 15's on mine for some time, but im going back to 13's to help with acceleration / handling and to give the look im going for...

so it depends how you feel about it, 15's will fill the arches more but raise the car up and slow you down slightly...whereas 13's will keep the car looking/performing the way it does now.

I wouldnt advise cutting springs... :)

Thank you for you help. I'll keep thinking what i'll do until that time comes. I live in Bermuda so I might be able to find a company that can ship in some springs for me.

HI

I can ship you parts to Bermuda, I have customers in France, Belgium, Finland,
Sri Lanka, Australia, Turkey, Poland, Irleland and the the odd one or two in the UK. You just have to except it's going to cost a little extra.

Have a look on our website www.humphrisoxford.co.uk We have some new lowering kits being made, which will be arriving later next week. They will drop the car by about 50 - 55mm and work well with 14" wheels and 185/55R 14 or 185/60R14 tyres. We can also supply Bilstein damper kits to go with the springs if needed.

Matthew

15 are fine you can still lover it to 35mm. you should be able to get them from overseas with no problem. you should'nt get them cut, its dangerous they can pop out and fail on m.o.t.

Back