lightweight rims

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
can anyone make suggestions as what wheels would suit the ST that are nice and light but can still have a fair bit of grip on them (185 tyres minimum)

i've got the AD18v sunny brake upgrade on the front so i think they need to be 14" rims minimum

what offset? do you guys go for light rims or nah?

I've still not decided on what rims I want yet, the rims I currently have are similar to yours...alloys but not particularly light. I will go lightweights when I finally make a decission. Nearly got some old skool 13" sparco rally jobs a while back that actually came off an ST. They really looked the part but I intend to do the AD22 upgrade in the near future so didn't want to pay for 13s that are going to end up coming off anyway.

As for grippiness, put toyo proxis on whatever rims you use. They are a street legal semi slick and will give you good traction and aren't TOO expensive, about $170 a tyre I believe (cheap for the quality you're getting). They are also fairly firm so won't die within two months either.

Yes you will need 14" for those brakes.

Offset is 38+ I think.

Rota Gt3 or Rota Slipstream's are some of the lightest wheels i have come accross. and yes, Toyo Proxes T1-R or Falken 912 tyres for fast road and track use. excelent tyres.

Rota Gt3 or Rota Slipstream's are some of the lightest wheels i have come accross. and yes, Toyo Proxes T1-R or Falken 912 tyres for fast road and track use. excelent tyres.

Don't think they make gt3 or slipstream in a 14" rim.
I have 15" Rota grids , I have someone on the look out in Ireland for 2nd hand set of 14's atm.

I was looking a set of these:
http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/Ray-s-Engineering-Volk-CE28N-Wheels-53755

But sadly that price indiacated is per wheel without tyres:(

Very hard to find nice 14's

Those rims are hot, baz! I've been looking at the same ones in white.

Just outa interest, how wide is too wide for a k10?

i've got 195s on mine and even with the guards lipped they still rub on big corners

but my car totally sucks and big corners so i rarely take them

why have a small car if you can't chuck it round like a go kart, right?

need to sort it!

Back