Building a Adventure Micra. Need help with lots!

Good evening to you all.
And before anyone mentions it, yes, some of these questions have been posted before, but some have not, and instead of opening up dead threads, better to do it all here at the same time, here we go!

I am building a adventure/trophy/rally (call it what you will) car.
It is based on a 1999 K11 1.3.

Here is what I am looking at doing with it.
1: Raise the suspension/ harder springs
2: Bigger alternator
3: Possible engine swap

1: Suspension
I need to raise the suspension slightly, maybe 50-70mm.
Since I am a little worried about the new angles messing with handling I would like to know if anyone have tried this before? I will be adding spacers, anywhere up to 50mm is possible, but not preferable.
My first thought was a simple swap, longer shocks and springs from a donor vehicle. Can anyone think of a vehicle that has shocks and springs of the right size? I don't want to go all the way to longer axles since making new lowers and everything else will be to arduous. Switching to a lower range tranny with bigger tires won't work.

2: Alternator
There will be a lot of electronics in the car and they need to be powered.
I am looking at outing in a new alternator, have been looking at a 80A from a Almera.
Has anyone tried a bigger alternator? Did it fit? If not, what kind of work did you have to do?

3: Engine swap
I do not have high hopes for this, but we'll try.
It needs more power. Have been thinking of a engine swap, to a GA16DE, or to any other engine for that matter.
But, I can not be modding the engine bay too much, it still has to go through MOT, (I think that's what the test is called in the UK, or am I wrong?).
So the simple question is, is there an engine (with a reasonable power increase) that requires a minimum of modification under the bonnet? I'm guessing no, I have heard stories about some Sunny engines being plug-and-play, but those might just be stories.

Looking forward to any ideas and solutions.
Keep it nice, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

to rear suspension, u could use corsa d shocks, those are over 50mm longer than oe shocks. i think some diesel micra front springs can go high at rear.

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Get some diesel front springs, leave the rest alone. All standard works my rally car fine.

Don't over pack - simples.