HELP NEEDED: K12 won't Rev!

Hi guys, looking for some advice on a problem my Grandad has had on his K12.

The story goes, he had an accident in it about a year ago. A lady crashed into him. It was only a wing, bonnet, headlight and bumper. Airbags were NOT deployed. The car was driven 30 miles back from where it happened and put into a garage for repair. It ran FINE all the way back. It remained there while the bodywork was repaired, a month or so. My Grandad meanwhile bought a new car.... (Don't ask) so he wasn't in a rush for it back.

When it came to be moved, the car started but was idleing high (around 1200) and won't rev passed 2k. Like its in a 'limp' mode. Apparently it has been plugged into diagnostics which brought up a problem with the throttle body. A whole new throttle body was fitted, and there was no change.

Now for the strange bit. The mechanic said that once or twice, when he has had to move it, he has parked it outside on the kerb, and as he has bounced it onto the kerb, the jolt has made the car work normally. However as soon as it was turned off and then on again, the problem came back. This lead me to think loose connection somewhere. But he can't find anything. I suggested maybe a knackered sensor or a choked cat??

The car is an 03 plate, so early K12. It's a 1.2litre. Can anybody suggest what maybe the cause of this problem?

Any help will be VERY warmly welcomed!! (Y)

Thanks guys

sounds very odd .....maybe take it to nissan dealer to get a propper look all i can think of is someones been messing around with the ecu but dont quote me on that lol good luck mate

The car hasn't been touched in like 8months now. I think it's shut down into a 'limp' mode or something. Anybody else have any more ideas?

The throttle sensor in the cab sounds like the wire has been jolted loose.
There is not cable connection to operate the throttle on these jiggers so there it a pot at the foot throttle and receiver at the throttle body.

Back