my new k12 won't start!

I recently decided to upgrade to a K12.. but the car refuses to start sometimes.. sometimes when the car does start it makes a pretty awful rattling noise. The car has also cut out on me completely on a busy roundabout (woops). No one can seem to find what the problem is.. I've already had a new ignition switch fitted as these seem to be a common problem and the cam shaft sensor had to be changed.
The car makes a rattling/turning over noise when you try to start it but.. nothing happens.
not used to a micra failing me :(
If any has had any problems like this or may have an idea that would be fab :grinning:

its a 2003.. and its a 1L. the chains been checked and seems fine.. the mechanics which have checked it seem to think its the starter motor sticking.. as it only does the above things now and then (when it feels like it!). they seem to think if it was the chain it would be constantly making the rattling etc.

oh and thanks! :laugh:

Check for corrosion to the power distribution board under the n/s headlight unit - mine failed to start yesterday, along with failure of the security/alarm/power steering etc. All the symptoms of a flat battery.

Further to my last post - it's called the fusible link holder and it fails due to poor waterproofing ie. corrosion. Costs £64.97 and Nissan dealers have 'plenty in stock' ( Nissanspeak for 'this is the worst designed piece of electronics which is why we sell a lot of them')

Further to my last post - it's called the fusible link holder and it fails due to poor waterproofing ie. corrosion. Costs £64.97 and Nissan dealers have 'plenty in stock' ( Nissanspeak for 'this is the worst designed piece of electronics which is why we sell a lot of them')

Had exactly the same thing go just the other day on my 2003 k12. All electrics except the immobiliser light suddenly died at a busy crossing. Tried jump starting to no avail, so joined the AA and within ten mins the guy found the corroded fuse holder. He scraped off the corrosion and soldered the link back together (fuse itself was fine). Just done 300 miles round trip so held together well so far. Considering replacing the part but £65 is a pretty big % of the car after 9 years :p lol. No doubt the wife will insist though!

This may be the problem that I am having with my Micra which occasionally fails to start. On turning the engine start button she is completely dead, leave alone and come back later is she starts!

Which part do I need to check, the red 90O bracket attached to the positive battery terminal. The double bank of black boxes with tops that comes off by pulling out a clip at either ends or the black connector between these two items?