help needed p300, p301, p304

Hi everyone my first post so please be gentle!!

My fiance has a 53plate 1.2 k12 with 45k on the clock

She recently had back box changed (not sure if relevant) and since then has been getting p300 p301 p304 codes.

Driving the car around town is fine a little jumpy through rev range but nothing too serious. Get it on the motorway and it purrs until you ease off the accelerator and try and go for it again. On several occasions I get 'MIL' light flashing and if you were to pull off fir example at the next Junction car runs like a sack of well you know what. I have changed plugs and a coil but problem still persists. Im wondering if its injectors. Not sure if throttle body can do the same or if its fuel pump? Any clues please she is driving me crackers!!!!

That might be worth a shot they were a little battered and bruised and also the little seal on top of rocker cover leading to air box was too. Are they dealer only any ideas?

It was just a thought just purely because of the symptoms. I think its worth £20 for a new stat and bit of coolant likewise the air intake seals will be cheap enough and definately worth changing

Hi everyone my first post so please be gentle!!

My fiance has a 53plate 1.2 k12 with 45k on the clock

She recently had back box changed (not sure if relevant) and since then has been getting p300 p301 p304 codes.

Driving the car around town is fine a little jumpy through rev range but nothing too serious. Get it on the motorway and it purrs until you ease off the accelerator and try and go for it again. On several occasions I get 'MIL' light flashing and if you were to pull off fir example at the next Junction car runs like a sack of well you know what. I have changed plugs and a coil but problem still persists. Im wondering if its injectors. Not sure if throttle body can do the same or if its fuel pump? Any clues please she is driving me crackers!!!!
p300=Random/multiple cylinder misfire detected. p301=cylinder 1 misfire detected. p304=cylinder 4 misfire detected.

Ok so update time replaced all air seals missis been driving locally from then and no problems took car today on a bit of a run on motorway and car stumbled again at around 70mph with mil light flashing but not solid. Drove back on motorway approx 30 miles and no light at 60mph im confused :-/

Ive not been able to get code reader till I see my brother when I collected seals from nissan they said maybe post cat lambda but id have expected a code? or is that too sensible? Just cant understand why it goes at higher speed and not below a certain speed

p300=Random/multiple cylinder misfire detected. p301=cylinder 1 misfire detected. p304=cylinder 4 misfire detected.

Was just gonna type that myself. I had P0303 on my previous k12 and it was the injector. I agree with Frank though, the random code along with three specific codes sounds like something else - too unlikely to be three injectors at once. A leaking inlet mani gasket is a definite possibility, it is recommended to replace them when doing the plugs because they're made of rubber and do squash down in service.

If the P0304 code is pretty solid, try swapping the injector with one that hasn't chucked a code and see what code reappears. If it is the injector, replace it quickly because it will fubar the cat eventually (ask me how I know :oops:). The injector for the 160SR was £108 from the stealer - the cat was £480 fitted :mad:.

Back