Help needed for throttle control in ECM !

Hi MSC!

I was wondering, if some of you guys could help me with an error on my Nissan Micra k12 ...

The throttle output from the ECU dosen't work, and there's an error on the current ECU. I've bought a used ECU for my car, but now it won't even start.

Have some of you tried to replace an ECU, and get the car working afterwards?? - Or is it me that is stupid :wasntme:

Thanks in forward

Blizzard

Originally, my car has nats, but i didn't think about asking if the new ECU have nats...? Maybe thats why i dosen't work?

How can you see if a ECU has nats?

I may not be correct here, but as far as I'm aware all the K12s have NATS. NATS is built into the ECU, so therefore moving one ECU to another will Cause NATS not to recognize the code in the key and thus not start the engine. If I am indeed correct you will need to get the keys/ecu re-coded and i'm afraid that'll probably be a trip to Nissan!

I am only going by my knowledge on the K11, but can't imagine that the K12 would differ in this way. So don't take my word as certain for the above mentioned

may not be the same on later cars since Bosch Motronic is not the same as nissan eccs. For example I dont think the K11 post face lift have nats within the ecu like the earlier k11s did.

Back