AirBag control module

Hi everyone,
just joined the team and i'm very happy with the amount of info i found here!Hope to keep chating through this forum!

I'm from Greece and just bought a K11 1.0 mod2001 for my wife...
Although the car is in a very good shape and low on Kms i noticed that the airbag light was on...The fault wasnt visible when connected the OBD,so i suspected the ECU

I went to an authorised dealer and they told me its the Airbag Control Unit that has to be replaced...
New 400euros,used 150euros...Never made the change as i found out that i could get it from Ebay with 40euros or so...

I need help from anyone that knows where is this module located!Some say under the radio,others in the steering column others below the handbrake...
Has anyone any clue where to find it?

I need to see the product number so i can order a same from ebay

Thanks in advance!

I suggest you try the airbag light reset procedure first.
***Airbag Resetting Procedure***
If you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

Thanks for the reply,
I found this method some days ago but didnt try it....
My light doesnt blink at all...it stays on forever....

I will try it though...but i think it is a harware problem...if it wasnt the fault should be seen in the scan we did

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Back