p1122 p1121 Throttle body question

Hi all.

So my trusty K12 has just had it's first major problem since I have owned the car for several years.
was driving along fine when all of a sudden it revved very high and then very intermittent acceleration. A few more seconds later I had zero response from the pedal at all.

Pulled over and switched off and on. The car revs high then splutters and goes down to about 1-1k revs and sounds like a tank. Still no response at all from the pedal.

Luckily I carry a little code scanner in the glove box so connected this even though there was no engine light on the dash. Got the following codes P1121 P1122 and P1171

Bit of snooping I have read that this could be the throttle body causing the grief.

My question is though as I couldn't find a conclusive answer.... Shouldn't the pedal at least give some sort of feedback with the revs? It's probably stuck in LHM but I get no response at all from the accelerator pedal.

So would replacing the throttle body actually do anything? or is this more than likely a deeper fault... probably the ECU....

I also tried clearing the codes but this did nothing and they came straight back. Just not the P1171 this time.....

Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
I
Well update time!

Tried to give it a go this morning and the throttle acts like I have it pressed all the way down and I'm nowhere near it! Local garage nipping round to take a peek at it as I'm not 100% where to even begin with this one now.