Help needed for engine transplant

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Evenin'

Basically i want to put a 1.4 in my car, its too slow, im sick of it and im wrecking the poor old cg10... plus ive finally got the cash to do what the fudge i want.

going to do the engine (with 30,000 miles on it or less) and gearbox, both of them definatly becuase i need lower cruising rpm aswell. going to leave the ECU for now and try and get away with using my current one.

basically if anyone can offer any help in sourcing this or help with fitting this then please let me know and how much you'd want for helping...

thanks very much

hugs n kisses

rich

sorry but theres loadsa info about cga3de on here... can we keep this on topic please :upside: coz i really need some1s help if im gna do this lol

cheers guys :D

i don't think the ECU will work because it doesn't support direct point ignition.

may be easier from a wiring and Nats point of veiw to go GA16de,

i think you will need to mod the chassis a bit for the 1.4 because the engine mounts are different.

wiring will be your biggest problem mate, the CGa13de is VERY different and you will find it just as hard if not easier to fit the 1.6 box....

if you find an engine then try to get a complete loom as well, it helps sooo much. the CGa13de engines are quite rare as they are fairly new and not may have crashed yet where as the GA16de engines are everywhere, i have two of them :D
good luck thou ;)

im fairly sure the mounts r same i still got one left on engine the chain side i think n from memory i swear its exactly same so thats one mount down lol when i got time i get more piccys 4 u but give list on handful of things u want me to check innit txt me it if u havent lost my number but also that cga ecu works fine done about 250 miles so far n it does feel bit smoother n quicker not amazing but is bit different also i dont think the wiring is that different to urs as u got same o2 sensor n #### as i told u b4 so i think ur loom is almost same minus the air con connector theres only handful of plugs on engine rest r like injectors n #### n if they different use old ones innit :p

NeX said:
i don't think the ECU will work because it doesn't support direct point ignition.

may be easier from a wiring and Nats point of veiw to go GA16de,

i think you will need to mod the chassis a bit for the 1.4 because the engine mounts are different.

wiring will be your biggest problem mate, the CGa13de is VERY different and you will find it just as hard if not easier to fit the 1.6 box....

if you find an engine then try to get a complete loom as well, it helps sooo much. the CGa13de engines are quite rare as they are fairly new and not may have crashed yet where as the GA16de engines are everywhere, i have two of them :D
good luck thou ;)

remember his 1.0 is post 2000 so its already coilpack, shouldnt be that much of a difference. i know theres minor differences but all in all it shouldn't be that hard

Zephyr said:
im fairly sure the mounts r same i still got one left on engine the chain side i think n from memory i swear its exactly same so thats one mount down lol when i got time i get more piccys 4 u but give list on handful of things u want me to check innit txt me it if u havent lost my number but also that cga ecu works fine done about 250 miles so far n it does feel bit smoother n quicker not amazing but is bit different also i dont think the wiring is that different to urs as u got same o2 sensor n #### as i told u b4 so i think ur loom is almost same minus the air con connector theres only handful of plugs on engine rest r like injectors n #### n if they different use old ones innit :p

you running a CGA3DE now zeph?

no not yet im too lazy to put it in its in the back of one of my micra's ive swapped the ecu thats fine as ive said ive had engine a while just i work full time n like i said im 2 lazy lol

ah fair play - one step closer though! keep us updated with pics n stuff. could prove useful for others in future

lol as said before i know for a fact this is a str8 swap i just need to know if anyone wants to help me do this for a price....

zeph ur posts r a pain in the ass to read u know ;) lol

Back